OFFSEASON
Years ago

Kilsyth SEABL Head Coach

Wow big news down at Kilsyth Sam Woosman coaching Women in 2014 great get. Rod Popp DOC coaching SEABL Men in 2014 wondering if he interviewed himself.

Topic #32672 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nice to see some fresh faces.Hopefully they followed the correct processes.

Reply #437033 | Report this post

Meegan  
Years ago

No great shock Popp coaching men as I figured that has been a plan of his all along. At least you know they will get to recruit who ever and how many players they want. After all he will answer to himself.

Woosnam I think will be a good coach. I hope she can restore so of that "team first" mentality the women's program was once well known for but now sadly lacking.

Reply #437037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F%^K off. That's a joke on both counts right??

Reply #437047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wally - Popp. Doubt anything will change.

Reply #437049 | Report this post

question  
Years ago

I saw a lot of player credentials..Has Sam coached before? Rod will go okay. Whether you like him or not he can coach.

Reply #437177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they actually interview any of the applicants for the womens role?

Reply #437180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly not

Reply #437185 | Report this post

Mail Clerk  
Years ago

My mail is that they did not interview, email or call any applicants. I know of 3 people who applied that still haven't heard a thing one way or another. No thanks but no thanks. No due diligence to hear out applicants. Very poor on many fronts.

Reply #437212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably couldn't afford any of the applicants anyway, they're crying poor at the moment and will probably not have to remunerate Popp anything else and woosnan would be on minimum money given she's got zero coaching experience.

Reply #437214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't she coach West Adelaide women's for a few years?

Reply #437216 | Report this post

Meegan  
Years ago

Sam has the basketball brains to be a good coach, will just depend on the clubs recruiting and what local content stay.

Reply #437563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of lady cobras already making enquiries with other clubs. What happened to Paul Flynn - word was he had the job. Woosnam a great player but we all know great players don't necessarily make great coaches.

Reply #437646 | Report this post

answer  
Years ago

Paul took another job

Reply #437660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What job did Paul take?

Reply #437674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of you people from Victoria might not actually realise that Woosnam has coached before. She coached West Adelaide ABA women for 3 seasons and was quite successful. Winning Coach of the Year in one of those seasons. I wish her the best of luck.

Reply #437677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754