Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Blitz: Sydney vs NZ Breakers

Second half about to start, Kings up 45-43.

Live stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/34784/08/95/22/12vK6AZ3O1bU/

Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sydneykings

Topic #32688 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Pledger playing well after his recent ankle injury is a plus as is the clubs new imports.
They are both shooting at a decent clip.
Looking forward to the regular season.

Reply #437239 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Ogilvy just lit it up on both ends, drawn score, block, drew two fouls, he wants to win this one something fierce

Reply #437242 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

Ogilvy is looking very good with the king

Reply #437243 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

And New Zealand would do well to adapt to the refereeing sooner rather than later...

Reply #437244 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

kerron johnson looks like an excellent pick up out of college.

Reply #437245 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, Johnson is putting down an early sign he intends to be in MVP running.

Reply #437249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pledger looked great I thought! A little out of shape from not being able to train with his ankle trouble but had his way there for a while! Expecting a big season from him

Reply #437252 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

New refereeing will vastly affect Vukona and his effectiveness.

Of course, people will say he will adapt.

But, I am a little worried as a Breakers fan as his physicality has always cancelled out his height.

Luckily we have Lazare as a backup 4. But I expect Mika to get into foul trouble regularly early on in the season

Reply #437254 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Totally agree Macdub in regards to Vukona and Lazare.

I'm expecting a big season from Pledger and Webster and I expect Kerron is going to be a star in this league.

Reply #437266 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mika has always got into foul trouble, that wont change, but he has shown he can adapt to more technical officiating in a Tall Blacks uniform so I think he will be ok.

Reply #437281 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Vukona has matured a lot over these past championships and taken on a large leadership role in the team so hopefully his maturity and experience will shine through and he will adjust to the refereeing and thrive.
If he can't, as MACDUB said, Lazare is a pretty good luxury to have as backup PF and Truman can play some minutes there.

Abercrombie has said in local media that playing NBA Summer League and being in that environment in the offseason confirmed what he already knew, to play SF he needs to bulk up big time or play some SG and work on his handles.
Breakers are pretty stacked with guards so won't expect any changes this season but possibly next season with the retirement of Bruton he may see some minutes at SG.

Reply #437375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754