Anonymous
Years ago

Tigers games could sell out from memberships alone?

Interesting note from Tigers CEO Michael Slepoy:
http://www.tigers.com.au/article/id/1z8v2w46xkot1jjn7p6vrzxnu

With the current projections and the way things are going at the moment, it is looking likely that Melbourne Tigers will be able to fill every seat at the Cage purely through membership numbers. This will mean that game day ticket sales could be a thing of the past for the Melbourne Tigers which is an exciting achievement for the club. Not to put too finer a point on it but if you are holding off purchasing or renewing your season membership, I strongly advise that you do so as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment especially with The Cage.

Home games at the "Cage" are nearly sold out from Memberships!

So to guarantee you get a seat, sounds like a Membership is the only way to go!

Topic #32702 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Nonsense

Reply #437461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you calling Slepoy a liar?

Reply #437464 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

So youre saying that every home game is going to be a sellout before the season begins? I call shenanigans.

Reply #437468 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Considering that IMG stealthily upgraded my Supporters membership to a full membership without telling me and started charging me for it, then yes, I'd say its possible.

Reply #437469 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Sounds like the usual gumpf real estate agents pull when they're trying to sell a condo.

Sadly, it's telling casual fans not to bother looking for seats on the odd occasions when they want to go because there probably won't be any.

Surely if they fill the Cage then it's in their interests to move to HiSense Arena?

Reply #437477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Perth can get 8,300 Members, I don't think it would be out of the question for Melbourne to get 3,500 Members?

Reply #437478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Hisense unavailable because of the Margaret Court renovation?

Reply #437479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs were always sold out with members. Why can't it be achieved? So many idiots here that really dont know a lot about the history of the NBL and their clubs.

Reply #437485 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Tigers had over 4000 members all up last year.

If Cage is sold out for all games that would mean theyve go more again as the majority would be three or seven game memberships, and that's without even releasing their Hisense memberships yet!

They could well end up with 6000 or 7000 members this year.

Reply #437490 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Encouraging stuff, Paul.

Reply #437493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The capacity of SNHC Paul is 3500 people you should know that.

Reply #437494 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I do, what's your point?

Reply #437495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they have 500 members that cant get a seat and no walkups? I call bullshit.

Reply #437496 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Not all of their games are at the Cage, they sold a number of memberships that had access to the Hisense games only, from memory.

Reply #437497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crocs were always sold out with members. Why can't it be achieved? So many idiots here that really dont know a lot about the history of the NBL and their clubs.
And
The capacity of SNHC Paul is 3500 people you should know that.
Memberships aren't necessarily the same as season tickets. Clubs often sell a membership as part of the season ticket or separately to them to reap some money from regional or interstate supporters, or sell game packs (which Paul clearly mentioned).

You were very quick to call people idiots, though it's not clear who you were referencing as no one claimed this was a first.

Reply #437499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Memberships generally include seats in basketball mode. I see no reference from Paulo explaining an alternative to that scenario. By all means do what they do in the AFL as distant members but in this case I see no reference to supporting the Tigers for $60 from afar. 500 members @ $60 pp? Nope.
Dodgy figures. By all means have more games elsewhere. Seamus has always said never play games anywhere else. It nearly sent them broke last time and every chance it will again.

Reply #437502 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

You're not even arguing a coherent point.

Reply #437505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep up Nathan.

Reply #437506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

having membership doesnt mean its for the season. its just like the one and three game packs that are on offer as well

Reply #437507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame they dont advertise that on the Tigers website if true.

Reply #437509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers do list their supporter membership here.

Other clubs do this too. The 36ers have done it explicitly in recent seasons with a $55 (or so) membership that is then included for season ticket holders.

The Breakers have a Vector Arena membership for the seven games played there. The Wildcats have Supporter Membership which includes just two tickets and is for regional supporters or people who just want some merchandise but can't get to games. Hawks have a similar deal - splitting membership and season membership. Kings have it too. Taipans don't seem to, Crocs don't have membership info up at this point.

So, that's 6/8 clubs at least that have some form of membership, named as such, that isn't the same thing as a season ticket holder.

Also, Paul specifically mentioned multi-game packs as memberships:

the majority would be three or seven game memberships
It's possible to have more members than your stadium seats, even if every membership must include some number of game tickets.

Reply #437513 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, unfortunately with so many posts anon wasnt able track back to read that, you cant cover every base can you?

To make it simple, the scenario could be something like this, just as an example:

- 1500 full season members
- 2000 seven-game members
- 2000 three-game members

That is 5500 members all up without including the $60 variety and that would fill all 10 games at the cage.

Then when they bring out the four-game Hisense memberships later in the year they will definitely add to that number. Considering two seasons ago they had around 600 members it is a pretty impressive effort!

Reply #437515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Isaac and Paulo please explain where does a Tigers $60 membership mention a 3 or 7 game package as you have posted Isaac. Thats certainly not on the link that I had already known about and you posted. There is no suggestion at all that you will get a seat to a game and I am totally mystified how these away memberships include a seat as Paulo has suggested.
The website says in respect of "7 and 3 game members must renew and select their home games by 26th August 2013 to keep the same seat.
A few key words would be RENEW, SEATS and 26th AUGUST.
So what ever scenario is used, 1. It's way passed the use by date. 2. You need to rennew an existing package. 3.Not relevant to the links posted. 4. Wrong and 5. Lets hope that in Paulo's example all of the 3 and 7 and FULL members don't all turn up on the same night.

Reply #437533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link here.
https://memberdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=custom_data_image_listing&CategoryID=22586&itemLayout=1&headerselector=3&OrgID=4250
"2013/14 Important member Information

"Important information. Keep your same seat cut-off
Members who wish to keep the same seat as the previous season are required to join by 26th August 2013 by 5pm. 7 and 3 game members must renew and select their home games by 26th August 2013 to keep the same seat."

Reply #437535 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, where did Paul say the cheap membership included a seat? He said "without including".

Likewise, I have not said that a cheaper membership includes a three or seven game pack.

My talk of cheaper memberships was to show that membership and season tickets are quite separate and that it's common throughout the league. You seemed very confused that a club could boast more members than its stadium had seats. See your 3500 seat post, etc.

Reply #437545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The topic says "Tigers games could sell out from memberships alone?"

Reply #437555 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mate, take a deep breath then slowly read the following:

- The $60 membership is not a 3 or 7-game membership
- It is a supporters membership that doesnt include a seat
- People can still buy 3 and 7-game memberships
- The cut off dates you mention is only for last season's members to retain the same seat
- 3 and 7 game members cant "all turn up on the same night" as they have to select which games they are attending at the start of the season

If you are still confused follow this link:

https://memberdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=custom_data_image_listing&CategoryID=17071&itemLayout=1&headerselector=3&OrgID=4250

Youll notice when you click on each option on that page there are options for how many games you want. Platinum is 7 or 14, gold and silver are 3, 7 or 14.

Reply #437557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 sell outs in the last 18 months says it all.

Reply #437562 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Four sellouts from a total of seven games at the Cage in the last 18 months. Keep trying!

Reply #437564 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

At least they are selling sumthing better than nothing. Great for the club and every other clubs out there that are selling seats! It can only be a positive for the nbl! More people the better!

Reply #437565 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, you can't argue a point to save yourself so you keep moving the goalposts!

4 sell outs in the last 18 months says it all.
It says nothing about the coming season.
The topic says "Tigers games could sell out from memberships alone?"
And they could. Paul clearly showed how it's possible. Whether it's likely is another point entirely.

Reply #437574 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Like I said, no coherent point. Just kvetching to kvetch.

Reply #437582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754