TimeForChange
Years ago

No updates regarding NBL TV?

Is there any update regarding NBL TV???

We are less than two weeks away from the start of the season and the NBL TV website still isn't up to date.

This is ridiculous considering the uncertainty of the Channel Ten/ONE HD TV coverage schedule.

It's understandable the 'New NBL' have many things on their 'to do list' before the first tip off, such as a naming rights sponsor, maintaining certain requirements of contracts. Though how else are you going to promote your product in the meantime (barring it's a terrible contract)?

The lack of accessibility, leaves us (the fans) in the dark to watch the game we are so passionate about.

We are the ones who support the game of basketball through thick and thin in this country, despite the out of date, high horse governance of the sport in previous years.

How many more years will this go on for?

Topic #32749 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

I would be watching FIBA's http://www.livebasketball.tv/ very closely
$59.99 for a year pass

The LiveBasketball.tv GLOBAL PASS gives you access to all these competitions:

FIBA Championships incl. FIBA World Cup & Olympic Qualifiers
Euroleague
Eurobasket & Eurobasket Women
FIBA Asia Champs.
FIBA Americas Champs.
Liga de Las Americas
Centrobasket
Afrobasket & Afrobasket Women
FIBA Oceania Champs
Euroleague Women
Eurochallenge
NBL (Australia)
VTB (Eastern Europe)
PBA (Phillipines)
CBA (China)
LNB (Argentina)

Not sure if the NBL will remain included and if it will be every game though.

Reply #438237 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

They have been trying to take money from my Credit Card in the last couple of days. So clearly something is happening. (I think it is on an annual direct debit)

They need me to update my expiry date, but I'm waiting to see whats happening myself first.

Reply #438239 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

From what I've read, the FIBA Global Pass should include NBL but will not be live if you are in Australia..

NBL.tv has charged my credit card so I assume all will be going ahead as per last year.

Would be nice to have abit more info though.

Reply #438243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm interested in that FIBA Global Pass, how much of a delay will the NBL games be on?

Do they definitely carry the games exclusive to nbl.tv or just the Ten/One games?

Reply #438248 | Report this post

Mookie S  
Years ago

Note: "a selection of games" ...not all.

See below from http://www.livebasketball.tv/help?ICID_HOM_QUE :

What does my subscription include?
Your subscription to LIVEBASKETBALL.TV includes access to live games & highlights from Turkish Airlines Euroleague, every major FIBA tournament including a selection games from the following leagues CBA (China), NBL (Australia), PBA (Philippines), LNB (Argentina) & VTB (Eastern Europe) for a limited period depending on your subscription package (monthly or annually). Please check the My Account section for more details about which package you have subscribed to.

Reply #438259 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hard to argue that they've been informing subscribers and potential customers enough on this. Hoops shouldn't be a go-to source of information on this. NBL.TV and the NBL site should be telling us everything we need to know to make a purchasing decision.

Reply #438265 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Last years fixtures are the only games appearing on the website.

Reply #438267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tried to take money out of my account with asking is I want to subscribe again. Pretty stinky way of doing business. Presumptuous much? I'm surprised it's legal. I wild get my legal eagles on to it but I don't have any, so I'm stuck having to just not care. But still, bad business voodoo to their approach.

Reply #438271 | Report this post

Deimo  
Years ago

Anonymous it is a 12 month recurring subscription.

I guess it was a bit presumptuous that when you signed up you actually read the terms and conditions that you agreed to

Reply #438272 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'271, had you cancelled your subscription after last season? As said, it's a yearly, recurring subscription.

Reply #438273 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, it was pretty clear when signing up that it was an early bird special (for those that joined earyl enough) and then a recurring fee...

HOWEVER... that being said... with the uncertainty of the NBL these last few months, it would have been a better approach to even send out an email to subscribers of NBL and NBL.tv mailing lists to let them know that it will be business as usual and to make sure credit card details were up to date, etc etc...

The NBL has been doing great lately, but the people in charge of the TV part should know that anyone who is passionate enough to have subscribed to this service would have been well aware of the ups and downs of the league and shouldn't have been surprised that there was a lot of doubt in shelling out cash for this service, especially when there were a lot of technical concerns with the production last season...

Reply #438274 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Definitely should have led off with a "Hey, we're alive!" mail out.

Reply #438277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need to read the fine print. I for one signed up and joined for the discounted offer. I certainly dont recall anything suggesting that there would be a roll over of the account. If indded there was that stipualtion it should also have been made clear that the price would have increased after the first initial discount.
By all means try the product at the discounted rate and then get the punters to resign voluntarily at a preferred rate.

Reply #438312 | Report this post

Deimo  
Years ago

Sorry anon it was definitely on the website not buried deep in the fine print and it was clear that after the first year the price would be $79

Reply #438316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone with more info on FIBA Global Pass re: NBL games?

I would've gotten nbl.tv for $59 this season but not interested at $99 but this FIBA GP sounds okay.

Reply #438327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers vs Leopards Game 3 is on Sky NZ. Will NBL.TV be showing it? They really should.

Reply #438420 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754