Anonymous
Years ago

Season ticket numbers for each NBL club

Anyone have an idea of how many season ticket holders each club has for 13/14?

Topic #32760 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats aren't running their handy member count this year, sadly. Hoping to get updated numbers at the season launch on friday. Of course, when I picked up the member pack for me and missus there were boxes and boxes and boxes of the things, so I'm cautiously optimistic we'll maintain last year's total at least.

Reply #438391 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I heard about a month ago that it was down quite substantially.

Reply #438392 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Townsville has 1300 people renewed but I am not sure about new members.

Reply #438394 | Report this post

Trav  
Years ago

As per the recent media release, the Tigers are claiming that they might be able to sell out The Cage on memberships alone (capacity 3500). Now, keeping in mind that plenty of members are 7 gamers, are they suggesting a likely membership of 4,000 or 5,000?

Reply #438399 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Situation

Down from 8k or down on the year-by-year? Because it wasn't until part way through the season that we finally hit 8k, and it took a while for people to start signing up as they realised the NBL had started...

Wouldn't surprise me to hear they've overreached this year though, there was a bit too much greed going on...

Reply #438401 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Not sure exactly how they were down. I assumed down on last years total.

I thought we got to 8k just in time for the start of the home games (5 weeks in to the season)?

Reply #438405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville is 1500

Reply #438406 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I don't think we hit 8k until a few weeks past that point, but I'd have to go digging. I know we picked up a few hundred further from casuals signing up as the year went on, up until quite late in the season.

The jump in membership and gate prices was really unnecessary. From what I've heard, we were well, WELL above the break-even point all season in 12/13.

Reply #438408 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Don't help that they put the price up for new members. Greedy, that's what i think. $1000 for platnum and now ure no where near as close like it was at chalenge + parking for two ppl ure looking at $2150 that's with out food and drinks. Wonder how much profit the cats made last season?

Reply #438409 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Their profit/loss report is available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Reply #438410 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Running a business, yes. Greedy, no.

Reply #438411 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

hahaha

Reply #438412 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"Greedy" for a business is stepping over that point where you start to lose more attendees than the price increase compensates for.

Btw, the breakeven point, as I heard it, was 7,500.

Reply #438413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Standard practice in Perth. You get poor quality yet pay through the roof.

Reply #438417 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

7500 as members or as attendees?

It's not really greed. They are trying to make a profit and did so last year. If the pricing structure allows for that profit to continue then they doing things properly.

Reply #438422 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Yes but at the same time you dont want to piss off your customers (loyal members and supporters) by charging far more than they probably should. If the mail is saying theres a reduction in members , following a season where team finished 2nd, then that would suggest that a number of people (how many i dont know) are dissastified one way or another. I wouldnt be surprised if cost of tickets is a major factor. Its a factor for me.

I understand the need to charge high prices for the luxury of enjoying the arena and all it offers, and watching a good team, but if they are jacking up the costs to ridiculous levels when they dont need to, then thats a bit of greed coming into play in my opinion.

Reply #438424 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Yeah, if it backfires then it's their own fault but a business that increases prices is not being greedy. They may have had a rise in their own expenses, or a drop in sponsorship revenue.

Reply #438426 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Townsville were once the most fiscally sound club in the league and then started jacking their prices up to compensate for fewer attendees. Then everything snowballed from there...

Reply #438429 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Some of Townsville ticket prices are quite high but I think the 'Breakwater' section is well priced.

Reply #438436 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Townsville prices are now excellent, just paid $235 for my season ticket, which was over $300 last year in the same seats. $16.80 per game. Back two rows are as cheap as $9 a game and $30 something for a family of four. Bottom level seats are still up there, with court side floor seats added, but upper section has been made much cheaper to get more bums on seats.

Reply #438446 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Good thinking from Townsville, good to read

Reply #438453 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Absolutely kr.

It was one of the first things reidy said he'd fix after getting the top job and he did it.

I was just about what happened under the previous regime post-Barry Gibson.

Reply #438458 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds good from Townsville. A full stadium makes for a better atmosphere, better word of mouth and likely keener sponsors.

Reply #438477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Memberships from as little as $9 per game or $33 per game for a family.

The buzz around the place is slowly coming back. The names of Pat Reidy & Mike Kelly have really helped bring back a lot of assurance with fans. These guys were around when we were at our finest, both off & on the court.

Reply #438573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats just twittered: Just announced - we are currently at 7,028 members for the 2013/14 season!

Reply #438754 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Bit worried about Townsville this season with signing up new members. Their online member sing-up hasn't even been set up yet, I understand there has been a lot of work to do.

Reply #438767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might find every nbl club is in the same boat due to the BA/NBL demerger taking so long...

Reply #438811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754