Isaac
Years ago

Pre-season: 36ers vs Tigers in Mt Gambier

Game tonight at 7:30. Live stats will be here.

Topic #32772 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher on the team list for the 36ers (no Gibson) and Wortho & Walker on the Tigers team list too.

Reply #438622 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Schenscher has hit the court for the first time this pre-season. 7 minutes for 2 fouls and 0/2 FG so far, off the bench.

Reply #438627 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Atrocious 2nd quarter by the 36ers. Some habits never die...

Reply #438631 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

83 field goals and 32 free throws in a half! Not a lot of defence or clock management going on out there!

Reply #438634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers lead a H/T 51-47.

Tigers: Tomlinson 10, Walker 9, Morrison 8

36ers: Ervin 13, Petrie 10, Creek 8

Schenscher 2pts, 1reb, 0/4 FG

Concerning pre-season form from the 36ers really.

Reply #438635 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I wouldn't say pre-season form is concerning

Reply #438636 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why isn't Gibson playing?

Reply #438639 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

L.Schenscher outta touch eff-1. B.Anthony eff-2.
Good onya DJ .
J.Frye got his double in half a game.
Think it maybe overtime, now.

Reply #438648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many free throws!

Reply #438653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow the sixers looked very very ordinary. Could be a long season. Frye was terrible, not at the standard required for an import. Schenscher missed two open shots right under the hoop. Thankfully he didn't get any more time. Opposition bigs will tear the sixers a new one every game. Lets hope they weren't trying (although joey was very animated which would suggest otherwise) and hat Gibson will ate a huge difference. The game took two and a half hours!

Reply #438656 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Minutes don't seem to suggest too much resting of starters or anything like that. Pre-season is pre-season, but they were missing 2.5 starters to our 1. Might've just been more hungry to prove themselves capable despite the injuries.

Everything otherwise pretty even other than FG and 3P percentages.

Reply #438658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sack Marty!!

Reply #438682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was talking with Joey at the club after the game he said don't stress, it's cool! Love that guy.

Reply #438683 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

What did u expect him to say? Na we got no hope!

Reply #438684 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

You know what sucks guys, we are at the cusp of the NBL season opener and when you read today's Melbourne version of the Herald Sun newspaper for example all you get is Footy, Horses (Spring racing season is emerging), Soccer (season also about to start), more footy (that season is over by the way) and various other sports but nothing about the NBL...

Media Sucks, big time!

Reply #438685 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Media doesnt suck

Giving them something to write about , be front of mind , be relevant and repair the bridges burnt by passed lazy regimes is what is needed.

That comes with time.

Reply #438686 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Okay, understood from that view point.

Media does suck however, be it from the point of view that the NBL isn't pro-active enough to provide the stories or that the press isn't interested enough to print them, either way it still sucks...

Reply #438688 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Did the 36ers Tank last night?

Reply #438690 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bear, does the media suck if you love horse racing or AFL? Does it suck if you're hockey or table tennis?

Can only do your best and then make sure you (and others) stay in touch with your team/league in other ways.

Reply #438696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers won 104-100 in OT. Wortho hit three pointer to put into OT.

Reply #438700 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Isaac, mate it sucks from the point of view that a sport like basketball still gets zero coverage when we are about to start a new season and there has been much change afoot.

Only my opinion mate, but I am still trying to cope with the fact that the league seems to be on the verge of something good and improvements are being spoken about from many angles, yet the bridge between general media and basketball seems as large as ever.

That's all...

I love all kinds of sport, so not complaining that there isn't coverage for those sports that I also like to read about, that's fine, but basketball is the other world game, isn't it?

You just wouldn't think so down here at times! It is about balance in the media, seems to be off balance IMO...

Reply #438701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was chatting with Joey at the club, he said he has a three year plan! Oh no!!

Reply #438703 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I'm not real sure why some people are panicing... we've not really done that bad in the pre-season considering new primary players and a new coach with little time?! We've lost some.. but we've also won some.

The real proof will be our ladder position 1/4 way through the regular season.

Fingers crossed.

Reply #438712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fair to say that many teams have been in the exact same position. The grand final teams have replaced key players and coaches.

Reply #438713 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Pre-season is always a little bit unpredictable. Coaches don't really like to show their hand too much and its a good time to let the bench have a run.

Bear, I think we all take your point about media. The AFL finals have been won and the story dominating the press is Buddy Franklin's deal (can anyone tell me who he is going to play for next season and for how much?) In the off season the AFL disperse so many puff pieces, the journo looking after AFL stories can just cross out the AFL and write their name in crayon before giving it to their editor. The Spring Racing Carnival was launched and Bart Cummings gets strolled out for his annual eyebrow trim. Pretty young thin things, smiling, holding up trophies and Media everywhere whipped into a frenzy like great white sharks at South Neptune Island when a snorkeler is in the water.

It would be great to see more basketball stories in the media, but like Isaac has said, gotta be proactive and also give them something to write about.

The real test for the Sixers is the season. The Sixers have a VERY big challenge first up in Perth. I think the game is sold out and the stadium full of "cashed up bogans in flouro" Perth are looking pretty tight on paper and with that crowd behind them, the Sixers won't find conditions any worse.

How many days to go before tip off - 7!

Reply #438722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754