wildcats80
Years ago

Perth Wildcats have 7028 members

Wow, wildcats have announced 7028 members already signed up, that's outstanding, the novelty has not worn off. No game last season under 10K, hopefully that's the case again in 2013.

Topic #32783 | Report this topic

Hoopster  
Years ago

Yeah Baby.... Best supporters in the land. Lol

Reply #438793 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

I agree, hope last years 1st game at home is no repeat next Friday

Reply #438795 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That'd be pretty close to what we started last year with? Hopefully it continues to pick up during the year as NBL gets some more coverage.

Reply #438796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season Perth had 8,300 members.

So essentially memberships are down by 1272 :(

Reply #438802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not at this time they didn't, memberships up a little bit?

Reply #438803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are missing the point. It means that 1272 have NOT renewed

Reply #438804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yet.

Reply #438805 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

A lot of those additional 1,200 were people who bought part-season memberships late on in the season. I wouldn't be overly surprised if some baulked at the price of a full-season ticket.

Also, the MC mentioned that we apparently have more season ticket holders than the Indiana Pacers (of course, big differential in games played).

Reply #438809 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oh good, the member count image is back on the page.

Reply #438813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha why the negativity, you missed my point, 7000 members is a darn good effort,

Reply #438820 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

well done perth - leaders of the pack

Reply #438831 | Report this post

the old heave ho  
Years ago

are they mainly weagles or freo fans ?

Reply #438832 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think a good mix of both

Reply #438833 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

The number of members we have is something to be proud of.
Ever been to a Sydney home game, Take away the numbers for the TV personalities & all the other freeloaders & the stadium would be a ghost town.

Reply #438858 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well, until last season Sydney were getting more people than Perth!!

Reply #438859 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I think Sydney are doing pretty well to be averaging decent crowds with such a budget team on the floor.

Reply #438866 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Anyone know how Sydney is doing financially?????

Reply #438888 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So what's the next highest membership in the league? I'm guessing its less than half that of the Wildcats!

Reply #438892 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

If the Melbourne Tigers are looking to sell out the Cage (3,500) on members alone, then they'd have at least half the Wildcats total. I think I saw a counter on the Hawks site last year that said they had 1,400 members? Dunno, not sure anyone keeps track of the details (though they should).

Reply #438905 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Breakers and Tigers would have more than half the Wildcats. Melbourne had over 4000 last year and sounds like they have increased that number again.

Reply #438914 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

This is something that annoys me a bit. It would be good if all clubs kept some sort of membership tracker on thier website. Things like this should be public information and is a good measuring guide to see how well recieved the club is going in thier city.

Great to hear the Wildcats are up past 7000 again. I was a bit worried that there would be a big drop because there was no news or promotion about it all off season until now, unlike last year.

Reply #438930 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What qualifies a member though? If one club has only season tickets, and another has a $20 country membership, there's little point comparing the two. There's also little point comparing one club year on year if the membership offerings change significantly.

Reply #438937 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Id be more interested in knowing how many are season ticket holders only, which every club has. Country members, supporter members, 3 game mini memberships and other membership options that differ from club to club vary too much and you cant make accurate comparisons year by year if the membership options change each year. The only stat that can be fairly compared to is season ticket holders.

Its not so much as being able to compare each club either, but rather have the information made public for people interested in this.

Reply #438943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think they need to be made public because the lack of (for most teams) could only scare off potential sponsors.

Reply #438946 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I disagree. Fans should feel a sense of ownership for their club and should be able to know how many members their club has.

Sponsors already have an idea of what theyre getting involved with as they would be more interested in the crowd figures and tv ratings for each game rather than member numbers.

Id imagine most clubs would be around the 1500 to 2500 mark, with NZ, and Melbourne above 3500. If they have more than that they should be impressed and publicise it!

Reply #438953 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not in their interest to as anon said. Better to publicise the membership; after all, a sponsor is likely to get in front of members whether they go to every game or not. Membership would be a bit more like uniques in web analytics though there are obvious differences.

Reply #438960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zackary the same as the Tigers memberships and the fanciful notion that the Cage will be sold out by 'members'

Reply #438964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won't sell out on memberships but they will go close. Only around 1000 tickets left for non members before the season even starts.

Reply #438967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree with membership tracking developments on websites. its great a club comes out with an email saying that we are doing well with memberships, but how many. its not a closed business, so how many of us are members.

I just find it annoying more so when titles are won and people who go to the game for a first time ever then claim they were part of it. yeah u were at the game but ultimately, a ticket (game day) doesn't buy u that much joy

Reply #438968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WoW.

Reply #438971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #443265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754