Tornado
Years ago

Gibbo to miss season opener against Perth

Gibbo's hamstring still not 100% so wont be playing.

So who takes Gibbo's spot in the starting 5? Does Frye move to the 2 and Creek come in at the 3? Do we go small and bring in Cadee to play alongside Ervin?

Topic #32803 | Report this topic

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

where did you hear that? nothing on line anywhere

Reply #439113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damm, if true, id like to see Creek start if Gibson misses the games.

Can Daly suit up for Gibson for the game?

Reply #439114 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who did they start in that Melbourne game? Cadee?

Reply #439117 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think they went with Frye and Creek on the wings.

Reply #439118 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think J.Cadee started, played the most minutes.
(Fiba live stats page unresposive here)
J.Frye and J.Cadee shooting % was pretty bad in Millicent and Mt.Gambier, should be a little better in Perth and Gibson wouldda helped .
Nevertheless would like to see the 2 Imports start at 1 and 2, with Creek at 3.
DJ only played 25mins in Mt.Gambier to give Schenscher a run.
If we shoot like we did last time we played 'em , we would win.

Reply #439123 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Creek started game 1, Cadee started game 2 on the recent trip

Reply #439124 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

If they shoot like that again, then there can't be no complaints about the rings at the perth arena. Hope we get to see team hit a 100, just to see if the scoreboard works to that no.

Reply #439126 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Gibson, 26, has been battling to shake off a hamstring injury which hampered him at the NBL's pre-season Blitz and kept him out of the Sixers' final two hit-outs against Melbourne Tigers last week in the south-east.

Adelaide coach Joey Wright yesterday confirmed Gibson was in the process of rebuilding his hamstring and was extremely unlikely to suit in Perth.

"We're just being extra cautionary with it," Wright said.

"We'll just stay with the nine players for Perth."

Reply #439127 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

OMG his in my fantasy team they should of told me earlier!!!1!

Reply #439130 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I would sincerely hope we decide not to give up a 20-3 head start this time around.

Reply #439131 | Report this post

Carcus Mamby  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/hamstring-injury-to-keep-adelaide-36ers-captain-adam-gibson-out-of-friday8217s-nbl-seasonopener-against-the-wildcats-in-perth/story-fnii09ki-1226734630633

Reply #439136 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We play a fast style at both ends and if you hadn't seen it, it would be a 20-3 start.
This one will be pretty close.

Reply #439138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers know they have no chance in Perth with or without Gibbo so we are resting him. Wise move.

Reply #439151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just checked the TV guide and looks like the game is being shown on ONE at 9:30

Reply #439157 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Game is live on the east coast, dnt know about sa? Game tips of at 6.40 perth time. With or without they play well against us here in perth in recent yrs. No gibbo and knight, down 1 man both teams.

Reply #439161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who mis-diagnosed the extent of Gibbo's injury in the first place and made him play on it further injuring it?
Crap player management...

Reply #439170 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

9.30 eSt, that's 9.30 ADL daylite saving time I think
G.Ervin should get a number assists rebounds points
DJ top scorer.
But, mostly I wanna watch J.Frye go round.

Reply #439172 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Gold/Plat tickets are down to single seat only, Nickel listed as Limited availability, but silver now has limits on the number of tickets you can find together as well.

Should be a bumper crowd.

Reply #439173 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Forestville are laughing all the way to the " juniors" bank for the hammy!!!!

3 peat looks good

Reply #439239 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I don't rate Gibson at all and maybe they are more dangerous without him as others will step up and they play Perth Arena well... Look forward to being in that huge crowd on Friday

Reply #439254 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

agree gibbo frustrates me... defensively he is good but his offensive frustrates me... different coach might be a different gibbo... time will tell...

fingers crossed its a good game and a spectacle for the sport!

Reply #439271 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

A lot of Adelaide fans bagged Gibbo's game last year, yet lots of teammates, opposition players and coaches think he had a great year. He does a lot of things that dont get noticed, and last year I thought was by far his most mature offensive season.

Reply #439274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Gibbo was good last year but the area I thought he let himself down was late in games and getting a good shot for the team in the last few seconds of the shot clock. A few games we let slip with poor time management at the end of games. This could be the coach's fault as well though. The addition of Ervin will help Gibbo out heaps and he should go better this season.

Reply #439278 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree.

Reply #439280 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can't see how anyone might think that the 36ers would be better without Gibson on court. Possibly our most reliable outside shot in the guard ranks, if not the team now that Weigh has gone?

I think the two players we can least afford to have out in games are Gibson or Ervin. If Johnson was out, then Anthony could step up with Petrie if Schenscher is rusty as Wright has said.

Reply #439285 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Full wrap-around in the West Australian today, team poster, full back page picture of Ennis in flight, advertising fixtures and membership, apparently leaving the marketing late but intense.

Hopefully will do the rest of the work for packing out the stadium.

Reply #439292 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Gibson is the 2nd best australian guard (not including swingmen) in the NBL and any team is better with him than without him.

Reply #439312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Silencer 83, who is the best Australian guard if Gibbo is 2nd?

Reply #439349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Gibbo in Perth if he isn't suiting up?

Reply #439388 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Slight chance to play, I think.

Reply #439397 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"who is the best Australian guard if Gibbo is 2nd?"

I would say there are a number of guys around the same level as Gibbo - D Martin, R Martin, Madgen, Markovic, Goulding and Crawford. Wouldnt be surprised to see Gliddon head in that direction this year either.

Reply #439413 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754