Isaac
Years ago

NBL 2013/14 broadcast schedule

We advise that the new NBL inherited existing Basketball Australia contracts with broadcast partners that had to be agreed to during the process of de-merging.

Similar to last season, one live game will be telecast on Channel 10 each Sunday, with a delayed game being broadcast on ONE HD every Friday night.
Broadcast schedule announcement
Broadcast schedule (PDF)

Topic #32808 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I honestly wish the live game was Friday night and they showed the delayed game late Sunday night IMO

Reply #439168 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Agreed, live Friday night game would be much preferable and I think more people in Qld would tune in, nothing better in Qld then opening a cold beer, rum or a bottle of wine after a long week and sitting back and watching some sport and with the footy codes done, there is a space for Basketball to hit that spot. a lot of people are out enjoying the sunshine on a sunday afternoon

Reply #439174 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The Perth Friday games are practically live into the Eastern states.. and it looks like there's a few of them.

Reply #439177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They arent practically live...they are

Friday night games played in Perth will be shown live in the eastern states due to the time difference.

Reply #439178 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If memory serves me correctly, the 9:30pm games last year rated better than the live 7:30pm games in 2010/11.

It's not surprising, at 9:30pm there's less to compete with on TV - and basketball rarely wins fights for the remote control! - and in some cities plenty of kids are getting home from their Friday night basketball when the game is on.

Reply #439183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and also coz basketball totes rulz!!

Reply #439186 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

By my count it breaks down like this, team-by-team (I miscounted on Perth, Townsville, Wollongong - I missed one game each)

OneHD C10 NBL.tv
ADL 8 8 12
CRN 4 2 22
MEL 5 11 12
NZB 3 3 22
PER 5 11 11
SYD 5 11 12
TWN 1 5 21
WOL 3 6 18

This only counts the SKY coverage of Breakers games as NBL.tv, and like I said, I missed 1 game each for PER, TWN, WOL.

We get to see teams on FTA TV:

ADL: 16
CRN: 6
MEL: 16
NZB: 6
PER: 16
SYD: 16
TWN: 6
WOL: 9

Reply #439188 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Is there any chance that Steve Carfino will not be returning, now that the NBL have production control? I'll compromise and be happy if he's just calling Sydney games only.

I'd like to see 1 local Channel 10 personality and 1 former player of the local team (eg like Lachie Reid and Tony Ronaldson in Perth and Rob Waters/Andrew Gaze in Melbourne) for each venue.

That way we get to hear a few different voices, rather than the same boring calls from Carfino each game. Might even save money flying him around each week!

Reply #439195 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

M.Creek and M.Norton playing in the same League is a little tooo confusing for Carfino and he told us about the time the door knob broke.

Reply #439201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Throw in M. Young at Cairns too, Camel.

Reply #439249 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

So what game is on this Friday night, Perth vs Adelaide?

Reply #439288 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

Adelaide v Perth is on Friday night at 9:30pm (ADL time)

Reply #439299 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Any chance of getting Steve Quartermain doing Tigers games?

I really liked him as a commentator back in the mid to late 90s (know he commentated the 97 series) and he didn't seem to insult the intelligence of the NBL fans.

Also have we gotten rid of those silly bloody shoes to indicate a player in the starting 5 lineup? That was about the most pathetic idea I've ever seen

Reply #439330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754