Anonymous
Years ago

NBL TV's 2013/14 debut

Looking good so far.

Hope they keep up the nice start to the season.

Topic #32825 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Looking good for me too. Clear, no buffering at all, good audio.

Reply #439539 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Watching through iPad on Apple TV... Have to say, looking very nice so far indeed...

And just as I say, it crashes... Wait, no, user error, auto lock... Heh...

Reply #439545 | Report this post

Tigers  
Years ago

Anyone know if there's a discount code to get it for $79 or is it only $99 now, unless you had it last year?

Reply #439547 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

Cost me $81.37! The credit card was charged from overseas so ANZ kindly ripped me off with a $2.37 overseas taxation fee on top.

Reply #439554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's $79 if you were an early-bird subscriber last year. $99 for the season if you're joining fresh.

For the sheer volume of games you get, I think $99 is peanuts. And hopefully growth in their support base can be reinvested in the league and product.

Reply #439557 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Oh the humanity!

Reply #439559 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Wow, very impressed, quality was fantastic and was not expecting such a dramatic improvement. Only one game down but fingers crossed standards will continue. And if so Apple TV will be on top of the shopping list!!

Reply #439592 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Buffering was a bit of a problem forme but that is obviously my Telstra internet connection.

Reply #439593 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Replay working incredibly well for me.

Reply #439606 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I had issues with the replay randomly going back to the start of the game, or jumping way ahead.

Quality was great though.

Reply #439610 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I watched replay And paused at half time and it wouldn't work again so I had to restart and get back to cheerleaders shaking something!

Quality felt like last year for me but as long as I don't miss a single game all season then it's worth every cent

Reply #439614 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Having the new NBN installed helps with buffering etc..

Internet download speed at an average of 36.8Mbps will do that for you!

Reply #439620 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last year live games were all good for me, and I have average internet, but the replays were horrendous at times. Will be very pleased if they work better this year.

Reply #439623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The verdict is out until Saturday when the first NBL.TV produced game of the season airs. 3/4 games this round are from broadcast networks.

Reply #439705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBN rollout sucks. It seems they are starting with all the lower socioeconomic suburbs. WTF!

Reply #439706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah fuck the poor.

Now where did Jeeves get to with my daiquiri & cucumber sandwiches?

Reply #439724 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

" It seems they are starting with all the lower socioeconomic suburbs"

Because they're the ones who vote Labor.

Reply #439725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the most part,

Liberal Party = WorkChoices

Reply #439727 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That was relevant.

Reply #439732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear voices.

Reply #439768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yeah fuck the poor."

Yeah fuck the rich who work and provide for everyone.

Reply #439769 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Well most of the country won't be getting the NBN now and well be stuck with this shit copper network under a Telstra wholesale monopoly again.

Years of NBL TV buffering! Yah!

Don't blame me I voted Labor!

Back on topic, feed was great last night, just don't pause it as someone else mentioned as it stuffs the feed and you have to restart it,

Reply #439775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't get it.

The rollout was too costly but Labor did what they always do best and spend spend spend.

Relax as wireless is the future. Fibre will be redundant soon so the cost has been curbed.

Reply #439777 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Mate the copper network is going to cost a shitload to maintain going forward, so over the long term the coalition's plan costs a bucket load more. The on-going maintenance costs plus the fact that we will need to upgrade to fibre eventually anyway, it's a joke.

Just a cheap political plan by the coalition that saves a little now to cost a lot more later. Plus the inequity of a digital divide and a possible return to a telstra wholesale monopoly. Absolutely disgusting.

I hope they come to their senses and just roll out fibre to the home, take the political hit and admit defeat on this, so we don't burden future generations with shit broadband, digital inequality and at a higher cost.

Plus if you want to talk about spending mate the Howard government is the place to point the finger. It's one thing to spend money on infrastructure assets and short term stimulus when the private sector contracts, it's another thing all together to piss the benefits of the mining boom away like the Howard government did. Algeria had a bigger surplus as a percentage of GDP at the end of 2007 for god's sake.

Reply #439792 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL TV not as good tonight for me.

Reply #439797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun Micallef on Tony Abbott's NBN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-6E5yX1E0U

Sooner, cheaper & more affordably...

Reply #439831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL.TV no change from last year. Wish Perform's streaming technology was superior as Neulion's is (NBA, NFL, etc.) where the quality remains consistent. You watch a NBA full HD stream and it is flawless then you use the same connection for NBL and it struggles at time particularly the non-TV games.

The TV station streams are fine but when there is a game produced by Perform themselves e.g. TSV-CNS on Saturday it leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #440109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isaac yes I had problems on both Friday and Saturday but Thursday and Sunday were fine.

Reply #440110 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'109, One HD did the Friday game and that was unwatchable in patches for me. Couldn't tell who was who on court. At other times, the audio was out of sync. This was on an iPad through Apple TV.

Thursday was great almost the whole way through, though I watched that on my office connection and through the browser.

Surely they have dedicated connections at the venue? What's causing it to be so varied?

A separate issue and probably worse for the league was the struggle of live stats for the first round. If it was because of their attempt to integrate FIBA live stats with their silly website (Match Centre and so on) they deserve the trouble for trying to complicate things. Fans just want simple and reliable stats.

Reply #440113 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I never have an issue with live games via the PC, link them up to my TV at 1.0mb and they run fine. On tablet is a different issue though.

Reply #440124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thing is, the web stream is delayed when it's on TV so it was either tablet or delayed. Frustrating.

Reply #440135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched all four live. Thursday and Saturday there were problems.

Reply #440155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant Friday (@Wildcats) & Saturday (@Crocs).

Reply #440156 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754