Anonymous
Years ago

The Ghost of Carly Wilson Past

Has anyone seen the real Carly Wilson lately? The one who used to score inside and out, run the floor and actually have an impact on the game?

Rd 1 she only shot the ball twice in 36min. 40min last night for 2 points at 15%. Compare that to Deanna Smiths 14/8/3 in 28min.

I know Canberra are thin so the minutes can be explained, but any danger she makes half an effort to contribute?

Topic #32845 | Report this topic

SamCro  
Years ago

Bit harsh I feel, Carly is certainly closer to the end of her career than the start of it. Probably will never be the player she was & to be honest there aren't enough basketball's to go around at Canberra to get shots up when you got Bishop, Bibby & even Mijovic (who has never met a shot she didn't like)!

Reply #439893 | Report this post

sydney  
Years ago

I don't think her being "at the end of her career" has anything to do with it. I agree with the first post, I think she's gone too far with being the role player/fitting into Graf's boring system that she no longer pushes herself. She definitely has the ability to be the threat she was a few years ago. For whatever reason, she's chosen to take a backwards step.

Reply #440083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more with comments in the last post. Carly Wilson could be as dominant as she once was; still moves well, has a big engine and offensive skills. She has gone way too far with the role player deal (for a girl who could have been an olympian she seems miles away now)

But also very accurate - Graph's system has become stagnant and boring! zzZZzzzZZZzzz

P.S. This is where someone gets on here and talks about all the WNBL titles. But they were achieved with superior talent and her system doesn't seem to have evolved. My thought is if you're standing still you are really going backwards, compare it to Tom Maher, think what you want of him but you can see him progressing his game plan along and in the previous few seasons he always adapted to the talent he had available.

Reply #440275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad someone else has seen this, Its been horrible. Carly was once one of my favourite players and now I can't stand it when she is on court (which is way too often) she does nothing and is a waste of space, Canberra actually have better options so why Graf is playing her so often is anyone's guess. Graf is a terrible terrible coach, anyone who thinks otherwise has rocks in their head.

Reply #440357 | Report this post

sydney  
Years ago

completely agree

Reply #440614 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754