Happy Days
Years ago

How many junior rep teams is too many.

I noticed that one of our local associations has 6 boys teams per age group next season for VJBL.I know some clubs cap it at 2 to maintain the standard where other clubs get as many as possible.I'd be interested to hear what other associations do and whether they have a cap?

Topic #32851 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

more the better for our sport IMO

plenty of divisions for them to fill..

Reply #440012 | Report this post

Andrew Clark  
Years ago

Within the limits of their capacity (infrastrucure, admin, available coaches etc) clubs whould field as many teams as they can. The more kids playing high level sport the better - who ever heard of any kid that plays high level sport doing drugs, smoking, etc.....very rare. it is not unheard of for players in a 5ths or 6ths to be in the firsts in later seasons too....so you never know where the talent may emerge from.

Reply #440017 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754