Anonymous
Years ago

U17 Boys Squad

ANyone know when the next U17 boys camp will be held?

Will there be additions/subtractions or will it be the same squad from NZ series?

Topic #32855 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

there will be change i dare say

Reply #440050 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

I'd say the change may happen (not substantial) but not before the U18 Nationals in April. So, since seems you have a kid who aspires to be picked, he will need to put up a hell of a fight against the kids already in the squad then.

Reply #440054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks... Don't have any kids playing anymore but coach a kid from newcastle who I think should definitely be there

Will see how he goes at nationals then I guess

Reply #440056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is your player a Guard, Forward or a Centre?

Reply #440057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The squads have changed following Oceania series the last two times, you'd assume they will change a little again.
Some players didn't perform as well as expected so a few spots no doubt up for grabs.

Reply #440062 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

The world's is in August, so I'd expect at least one camp before the Nationals and then maybe two after with a tour or tours before the world's. If the kid is good and performed well at the U16, he was probably noted. My suggestion - tell the kid to work his butt off, get quick, strong, keep improving ball handling and shooting skills. If he is a tall, to work on the posting up. I thought we did not have stand out forwards against NZ, although your Newcastle boy, Noi, played well in a limited time he got... and good luck :)

Reply #440074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have heard that all players being looked at for U17 World Championships were sent emails yesterday, with a few new faces in contention who I think deserve a crack...

Reply #462560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oceania series is a B team almost is it?

Reply #462568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah I think Watkins played a near full strength team for last year's Oceania series vs NZ. Will probably be a few changes after U18 Nationals though

Reply #462570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the players acceptances as normal will precede the U/18 Nationals and then the first COE camp attendees will be selected for 1-4 May.

From that camp they pick a team to go to the 4 Nations tour in China from 15-27 May.

Second COE camp is scheduled from 17-20 July, then the team for Dubai will be named.

This is for the Men's Australian Basketball under 17 Crocodiles Team.

Reply #462603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many players do they take to the camps/China?

Reply #462609 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone have any idea as to how many would have received emails for the initial squad?

Reply #462610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Squad is about 17 I think, tour to China would be 10-12, no more I would imagine.

Reply #462612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Email says the squad will be cut to 16 after U18 Nationals for the first camp. So i'd imagine maybe 20-25 emails sent out...

Reply #462617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can confirm 23 emails were sent out. 7 boys will be cut from the squad after Nationals for first camp in May

Reply #462707 | Report this post

NSW  
Years ago

Hearing that NSW have 7 boys in the 23 man extended squad:

Myles Cherry (Country)
Sean Cranney (Country
Deng Gak (Metro/CoE)
Angus Glover (Country)
Jayden Hodgson (Country)
Isaac Humphries (Metro/CoE)
Kouat Noi (Country)

Reply #462911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Nice guess work, well done. Can you give us the other states?

Reply #462925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754