Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats vs Kings, Oct 18

Perth are $1.35 favourites, Kings at $3.20 on the road. Line is -6.5 favouring the Wildcats. First of two games this round for Perth.

Your tip for winner and any players likely to excel?

Topic #32876 | Report this topic

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

ogilvy will kill perth

Reply #440380 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ As long as he's the only one, Perth will take it comfortably.

Reply #440386 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cats to win comfortably (15pts) Ennis should get his 20+ and hopefully Beal and Redhage find their shooting touch

Reply #440388 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Agreed Nathan. Perth killed Sydney everytime last year.

Reply #440390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wondered about Perth's line, but then that burnt me last week. Needed to beat -4.5 and they won by 3!

Reply #440395 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Yeah, Sydney hasn't had much luck against Perth since returning to the NBL.

It may be my cyclopean Cats fan nature speaking, but I'd say on comparison of starting 5s, Wildcats are comfortably ahead on 3 matchups, losing 1 (Jervis v Ogilvy, though Jervis is by no means disgracing himself out there) and 1 ambiguous result (Madgen v Ennis).

And I like our bench better.

Feel free to rip me to shreds on that guys :D

Reply #440396 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cats should get this by 12.

Reply #440407 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think the Perth line should be fine. I would be more comfortable if it was -5.5. I wouldn't bet on the line in this game. Having said that I think Perth will win by 10 but that line is too risky.

A multi on Perth to win and NZ to win is $1.89.

As long as Hill (yes I said Hill) doesn't come out and have a 30+ game Perth should be safe for the win.

Reply #440414 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I am looking forward to seeing how we do after our first serious hit-out together. Should hopefully have gelled the team a lot, given them some targets for training during the week.

Reply #440427 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Sydney by 15+

Reply #440436 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Wut.

Reply #440438 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Lock it in Nathan.

Reply #440446 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Just to indulge the trolling for a moment, is there any particular factor you think will be important in this 15+ point win?

Reply #440449 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I think the biggest factor for that prediction will be Sydney scoring at least 15 more points than Perth...

Reply #440451 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

The Kings have a much better side this year.

Reply #440453 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That's a smidgen vague.

Reply #440454 | Report this post

Hoopster  
Years ago

Ennis, Beal, Wagstaff, Redhage & Martin (3 time consecutive NBL Defensive Player of the Year).
Wildcats al the way.

Reply #440458 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Aaron = Southern Joe?

Reply #440473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trevor gleeson will be missing the game against the kings. We might see them play with a better game plan now

Reply #440484 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well said anon, was going to mention Andy Stewart coaching the Wildcats on Friday so that may play a big part and maybe Stewart will give more time to the bench as last week Wildcats bench (except Wagstaff) hardly got court time.

I think AJ Ogilvy will kill the Wildcats I'm thinking 22+15 boards and 5 blocks.

I hope to see Marto be more aggressive attacking the rim and hopefully he is a week closer to full fitness and form.

Burdon to come off the bench and hit a quick fire dozen.

Wildcats by 14

Reply #440489 | Report this post

catsfan  
Years ago

does anyone know why gleeson is missing the game against the kings?

Reply #440523 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Personal reasons but will be meeting up in melb for tigers game this sunday

Reply #440527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His mother is sick.

Reply #440607 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Ogilvy will be a handful, as will any quality bigs until we get Matty Knight back, but I expect the Cats to get it done. We look pretty solid from 1-4 IMO.

Reply #440712 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Double figure win coming up for the cats

Reply #440713 | Report this post

Northern Brew  
Years ago

Wildcats will win this comfortably. Not even James Harvey can save them against Perth.

Reply #440719 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

The kings are going to embarrass the cats at home. kings by 7

Reply #440730 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

The kings are going to embarrass the cats at home. kings by 7

Reply #440731 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Keep smoking what ure jeff!

Reply #440732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love all the predictions in game threads we have without a reason why. Worthless.

Reply #440733 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

More issues with the telecast statistics: Wildcats apparently shot 12.5% going into the second half...

Ronaldson and Reid made such a big deal of it too.

Reply #440773 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

How do the Wildcats manage to stay under the salary cap with such a stacked roster? Surely the cap isn't enforced in the NBL.

Reply #440775 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Imagine their bench would be relatively cheap and maybe some 3rd party deals or something but who knows with NBL salaries

Reply #440776 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Guess we no who the mvp is gona be if he stayz! Amazing!! Worth my membership! Poor game by the refs for both sides

Reply #440777 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

Could Ennis "The Menace" earn recognition as the best import to have ever played in the NBL if he does stay the season ???

Reply #440780 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I'm just about in tears after watching Ennis on so many fast breaks. How lucky are we to witness this level of play?!

Reply #440781 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well that was a trendeous game to attend and watch and I firstly think the court side announcer needs to moment of adoration... He is better than our normal chap in every way and is always enthusiastic and into the action and informative for the less educated.

Secondly Ogilvy is a true joy to watch and I'm happy to have him in the NBL so I can watch him live.

Thirdly James Ennis is just phenomenal and the anticipation when he gets the ball in the open lane is something we haven't seen at Perth arena and is up there with Crawford and others for sure. Also any MVP chants (yes we had them at the end) just adds to the atmosphere and excitement!

$ Beal looks clutch and whilst I doubt we forget Lisch he could be an able replacement

Great game and went to script even if it was way tighter for majority of the game than expected.

Reply #440782 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@ Aaron,
Please tell me you're not a Kings supporter with a comment like that...

Anyway...

Game of very mixed emotions! The highs were dizzying but bloody hell I wanted to throttle someone during most of that first half. And that stretch where we got 7 points up, had the opportunity to go 9 points up, flubbed it, and then let them draw even, drove me bonkers.

But, there were a lot of positives and that last quarter was great. Just feel that we're about 5% off from having something really special. Almost there...

Reply #440787 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Also, I'm trying to figure out if Perth's strong 2nd half performances are because of our strength and conditioning work, or simply because we switch ends and other people have to deal with that godforsaken stage end rim.

Reply #440789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth's last quarter showed a small glimpse into what to expect when Beals get into the flow, Ennis becomes even better, Redhage the offensive machine that he is and most importantly Wagstaff gets his game flowing. Wagstaff would almost certianly be a starter on almost anyother team but such is Perth's immense depth they they can afford to bring a guy of his immense calibare off the bench.

BTW, i think if Perth had Ennis last season we would be calling them the defending champs. This years Cats once the click(right now they are struggling)have the potential with Knight to set an NBL record with Wins/losses ratio.

Reply #440797 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

That's the best part, we are missing knight! And still getting the job done. Same as nz last season, just do enough and when u have to u play. This team is prob the best they have had for a while imo. They only gona get better and i still think they play tight at hm, wana see them on the road with no presure from the home crowd.

Reply #440798 | Report this post

chili  
Years ago

Beal's inconsistency caused the wildcats too many turnovers and missed opportunities. At times he showed patience and steadiness and at others he'd end up in a rush of blood, all systems out the window, U12s experience level mess. After half-time he looked tired as well. Has he been sick or is his game fitness not yet where it should be?

Reply #440803 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

yes, watching Ennis reminds me of athletic and skilled NBL imports like Al Green in the early and mid 1980s, Joe Hurst in his 1988 MVP season, Dwayne McLain in the 1990s, Chris Williams in 2003, James Crawford any time from 1982 to 1999 and Leroy Loggins any time from 1981 to 1999

It's good to have that sort of player in the league again

Reply #440805 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Yes, yes it is nice. Everyone around me went absolutely berserk when Ennis delivered in the 4th, even the guys who spent the first half grumbling and kvetching.

Also, it was good to see that Ennis solved that last quarter disappearance problem from last week.

Reply #440810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tight game. Sanders had three turnovers in succession in the fourth, it was like he wanted to gift the game to the opponents.

Reply #441073 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754