Anonymous
Years ago

Delly looking good

Finally found his outside stroke, nailed two quick 3's, grabbed a rebound, and dished out two assists in 11 minutes so far in the first half. He looks like he belongs in the NBA

Topic #32912 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Find it a bit strange that they have him listed as a shooting guard and not a point guard, would have though with his skill set he would be a point guard?

Reply #441141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whatever get's him on the roster. At the end of the day he's a point, no matter what they list him as.

Reply #441143 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

If he's not a point guard, nobody is a point guard!

Reply #441146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep that would about confirm that all conventional positions have become a thing of the past.

Reply #441150 | Report this post

Nope, That would only confirm that the person listing the names either doesn't know or doesn't care..... but good on him. I only wish our other NBA guard would take some notice of the assists column

Reply #441154 | Report this post

Nope, That would only confirm that the person listing the names either doesn't know or doesn't care..... but good on him. I only wish our other NBA guard would take some notice of the assists column

Reply #441155 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Maybe they want to run 2 pg's at once with waiters

Reply #441159 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

From the game stats and the play-by-play it looks like he was replacing Kyrie Irving and vice versa.
There was a long period in 4th qtr where the bench were on the court and Delly seemed to be running the show. Played over 20 minutes with some good stats.
Only a pre-season game but all teams like a "W" and it would appear he may hold his roster spot once the main season starts.

Reply #441182 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

If the cavs dont want him im sure lots of nba team will!

Reply #441191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you sweat balls about him yeah okay he is from Australia but who cares. You worry about him getting a $1mil contract or whatever for playing with a ball, if he doesn't make it still gets several $100ks in Europe. So many good players yet you obsess over a fringe player.

Reply #441194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL! quality post

Reply #441196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, how many NBA players do you think this country produces mate, get a life they don't grow on trees so let us talk about them all we like without your trolling comments please.

Reply #441198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He isn't NBA material. We need to look at the systems for development in place here rather than sweating and praying for a miracle that one of ours scrapes through to a team.

Reply #441199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We get one or two Aussies scraping through to wave towels and it will have a negative impact because everyone will be patting each other on the back that we have x amount of NBA players. How about we concentrate on churning out more star calibre players and stop deluding ourselves.

Reply #441200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

awesome point anon
I mean look at steve nash for example
averaged 3 pts & 2 ast in his first season and never amounted to anything
meanwhile delly in his first season is putting uyp the pathetic averages of oh wait the season hasntt even fkn started yet

Reply #441202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes good luck to him maybe he can do a Nash who knows but my point is stop obsessing.

Reply #441207 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Some people seem to think it is easy to make the NBA, obviously...

I for one love to see the way our Aussie boys and girls are starting to gather momentum at this level of play, hope there is many more to come!

Reply #441208 | Report this post

Bball fan  
Years ago

Ahhhh.....I love school holiday's!

Reply #441209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, just stop obsessing everyone. Take it down a couple of notches.
The way you people carry one, anyone would think this was a place for discussing basketball or something.

Reply #441210 | Report this post

Pauly B  
Years ago

Instead of taking pot shots at a guy trying his hardest to live out his dream. How about we support and encourage him? Crazy idea, I know.

Reply #441215 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, want to know what obsession is anon, go to an AFL forum and start a thread on Buddy...

Slightly above average player in a strong team spoken about like he is god almighty (talk about over rated)!

Reply #441216 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

I think Delly and Sims make the roster. Delly has had a good preseason and has taken his chances with Jack out with a sore knee. Although he has been backing up Aussie Kyrie there has been a couple of quarters where coach Brown has had Delly and Kyrie on court together.

Reply #441237 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

supporting a local player in their endeavors obviously = obsessing.

maybe we should all go back to arguing about Jordan Vs Lebron Vs Kobe Vs that guy Andrew Gaze dunked on?

Reply #441242 | Report this post

Fletch  
Years ago

Or maybe we could just ignore the obviouse efforts of a troll and get back to the conversation at hand. You all playing right into his hand. Does anyone have Delly's final stats for the game?

Reply #441276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon / wanker, see Dante Exum or Ben Simmons if you're looking for a guy who might star in the NBA. If Delly makes a roster and finds a role in the best league in the world, any Aussie should be proud of him. The kid is a baller and will eventually make millions of dollars doing what he loves. He will also represent his country at least two more times and likely play a major role in getting us our first basketball medal. Hell of a lot more than you can say for yourself, I'm guessing.

Reply #441277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly's line: 25 minutes, 9 points, 2-5 fg, 2-3 3pt fg, 3/3 Free Throw, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 steal, 3 assists, 4 TO's.

Reply #441278 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The 4 turnovers the only real blemish has been steady through the preseason. Good chance to secure a full roster spot. I disagree with anonymous idiot in this thread and like many on this forum would like to see him make the NBA no matter what capacity.

Reply #441279 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

I too was not convinced Delly was NBA material. I was wrong. He is defenitely a decent rotation guy. Can have an Anthony Johnson type role in this league.

Reply #441331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754