HoldenV8
Years ago

RIP Ken Richardson

I haven't seen a thread about this so if there is already one I apologise.

Sad to read on Boti Nagy's site that the inaugural NBL MVP Ken Richardson has passed away in Darwin after a long illness.

Richardson, one of only three Adelaide based players to have won the award (along with Al Green in 1982 and Mark Davis in 1987) was a member of the inaugural All NBL team in 1980, and coached the West Adelaide Bearcats to the 1982 NBL championship.

RIP Ken Richardson.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/ken-richardson-mvp-rip/

Topic #32922 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didnt look too great when the west adelaide 82 team was at Dome game last year.....very sad news,a great player in his day.

Reply #441339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awhile back Ken was voted the best import to play in the NBL. The fact he is not in the HOF is a disgrace.

Reply #441350 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Vale Ken Richardson - and great article by Boti. All the accolades are well deserved.

Reply #441393 | Report this post

24seconds  
Years ago

RIP Ken .
He was playing well before I entered the scene ,so I ask ,has anyone got any stories about his career ,from around the courts ?

Reply #441402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots about Ken Richardson on Face book for those who are members.

Reply #441527 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754