The Special One
Years ago

Joey's coaching

Is it just me but do the sixers look better under Coach Joey. The Sixers look like they have structure & a game plan

Topic #32992 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Well duh!!

Reply #442655 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

( facepalm )

Reply #442656 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

no... its just you... (double facepalm)

Reply #442662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Special indeed.

Reply #442664 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

He doesn't have high standards to meet after the Clarke era haha

Reply #442666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We will see, if we lost last night after leading by 22 i think we would be playing a different tune.
Keep it real people!!

Reply #442680 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Joey Wright - Championship winning coach who knows what he's doing when the game tips off.

Marty Clarke - Do we really have to bring him up? Bad memories.....

Reply #442683 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good to have an experienced Coach that could get Ervin and bring in Frye, much more rhapsodic than Cadee and Weighs 30minutes. L.Schenscher didn't have mucha preseason and Gibson and Frye a bitta leg trouble, can only get better.
J.Frye - 18,5,2,2. It was a normal game.
DJ likes shooting and Ervin goes at it.

Reply #442684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dunno maybe we should start Sack Joey threads just in case people....

Reply #442687 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Anon #442680, that's true that if the Sixers managed to lose after leading by 22 points we would be singing a different tune. But that is true most of the time. Unless a team is absolutely stacked with talent, the line between success and failure in sport is pretty thin.

But a win is a win. I have no doubt the Sixers under Clarke would have found a way to lose that game. His teams seemed to always find new and inventive ways to lose games they could have won.

Reply #442689 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

To think of Clarkes set rotations and plays -
someday, maybe I'll remember to forget.

Reply #442691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Front Runners!! you people will turn on him when the going gets tough.

Reply #442695 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'680, it still hurts, eh? I know you're wishing failure upon the club for some form of vindication.

In the past, we'd all do the "what if we could've won, it was such a narrow loss" posts and now we have your "what if they lost" contributions. Difference being that they won in Cairns and won in NZ and the team is a refreshing change, imports look good, etc. Let it go.

Reply #442696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK Isaac,point taken!!

Reply #442697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really was never going to be hard to look good compared to Marty Clarke and that hapless Mark Radford. I mean they were beyond out of their league and blamed everyone but themselves for their own demise. BUT having said that, Joey really seems to be very connected to the group. 6ers will go deep, theyve found heart.

Reply #442700 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And it seems like Clarke and Radford have moved on to other decent opportunities, so everyone's landed on their feet it seems.

Reply #442702 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

FWIW

After 5 games last year - 3W and 2L - same as this year
36ers had beaten Melbourne, Cairns and Sydney and lost to Wollongong and NZ, at that stage

fair to say 36ers did not look as good getting to 3-2 last year as they have this year. losses were big losses in each case

After 8 games last year - 5W and 3L - added 2 wins against Perth and lost to Melbourne (another big loss)

then the 8 game losing streak started

Reply #442717 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I think Joey is a marvelous coach but being realistic you got dominated in the Cairns games and the Breakers game was also tough to see how good a coach he was when everything was going against them... But they won

If Joey can do something about runs by opposition teams of about 20 (see above) then he is a certain contender for coach of the year!

Will he ? Who knows

Reply #442792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is good but inhibited by having Schenshcererer on the squad as he is not a bigs coach and possibly a few others he may not like. Once Joey has all his boys playing his style in a season or two it will pay dividends.

Reply #442955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754