oh really ?
Years ago

stacking lower graded teams

do BSA / comp committee take this into consideration with winter placements - or is it just the result ?

div 1s have bye so Div 2 team gets stacked to ensure result.

or Div 1 team have walkover and stack lower graded team

watch the names return to their teams.....

Topic #33002 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw Forestville did this last night in 14 girls.

Anyone see any other teams who have done this?

Reply #442804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My nephew plays in a grade with two Forestville teams. One player (#8) has played for both teams.

Reply #442805 | Report this post

Keys  
Years ago

Anonymous ...check your details ... 2 players given a chance at a Div 1 experience which requires 2 players to be moved to create room. Summer season for goodness sake, 3 games in, 'big names' are all in the squad mix and opportunities for all squad members is a sign of good development I reckon ... but hey ... I think the age group you mentioned would be chuffed to hear of your assessment of them as 'big names'!

Reply #442819 | Report this post

l  
Years ago

Ouch someone hit a nerve ........

Reply #442820 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think the bylaw applies to the div 3 competition about players staying in the same team for the 5 game segment. I didn't think a player in the Div 3 comp could move between teams during the 5 games. Can someone confirm this.

Div 1 and 2 players are free to move between teams from what I understand and where there are two div 2 teams from the same club they can move between the teams in the first 7 games. Can someone confirm this.

Reply #442823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

804, regarding u14 girls: two div1 players were rotated down to give an opportunity for two div2s to play up a division and a chance to be seen by the div1 coach as Keys said.

It was two players, and with good reason to be playing down a division: hardly "stacking" the div2 side.

Get over yourself.

Reply #442824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@jack, teams in the same division cane move between teams in the first 5 rounds.

Reply #442825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is nothing, I know a coach who brought in a ring-in player to play for their club in a tournament just so they could win the under 14 age group, the player never played one game for the club and still helped them win the whole championship.

Reply #442851 | Report this post

haircut 100  
Years ago

if we had a tough game we may not win and could get a couple of higher graded players in that lower grade to secure the win - I'd be doing it. Also using it as a chance to rotate players up against a weaker opponent in the higher div walkover - it all sounds like good squad management.

Reply #442865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Toft, divisions that play 'phases' can not move teams/grades for the five weeks of the 'phase', each five weeks there is another phase

Reply #442867 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mr 867, that is what I thought, so if a player who played for (let's pick a random team) Forestville 8 in U14 boys group F one week needs to stage with that team for the entire phase. They can't say move to Forestville 7 in U14 boys group F until the end of that phase? Can you move within teams in the same group during a phase, or is it just between groups?

Would that mean both teams have field teams illegally and need to forfeit?

Reply #442870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Toft my understanding that the teams that are in phases, can only hve those say eight players for those five games. they can not go up and play Div 2 or drop to a lower div or move to another team in the same phase group. they are in that team for five weeks no changes. then at the end of the phase they can be moved, once the phase begins they can't move again. you'd need to contact BSA or read the by laws very closely to see if it is deemed a forfeit.

Reply #442872 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

By laws SA
During the Summer Season and where clubs have multiple teams in the same division, a player may play in more than one team in that division only as follows;
i) In competitions which do not use promotion /relegation, a player may not move between teams in the same division after round six (6).
ii) In competitions which do use promotion /relegation, a player may not move between teams in the same division within phase 2 or 3. However a player may move to another team during phase 1, or between the end of one phase and the beginning of the next phase.

2.5. Transfer Between Teams in Different Divisions
a) During the Summer season, a player cannot move from any team in any division into a team that is playing in a competition that uses promotion/relegation, during phase 2 or during phase 3. A phase is considered to have started when the first round 1, 6, or 11 game is played in any division, and is considered to have ended when the last round 5, 10 or 15 game is played in any division.
b) During the Summer season, a player can move from any team in any division into a team that is playing in a competition that uses promotion/relegation, during phase 1 or between phases.
c) This restriction does not affect players who have not yet played any games in any team in the current phase.
d) Other than the restrictions above, players may be promoted any number of divisions from one week to the next.
e) In addition to the restrictions above, players can only be demoted one division within an age grade from one week to the next, i.e., from one division to the next lower division in which the club has a team

Reply #442873 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Short version of the above: in the first five weeks of summer season, players may move freely between teams, even within the same Division, or if the team is in pro/rel Pools.

Reply #442892 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Phew! I had a Philadelphian Lawyer looking over it and even he was confused.

Reply #442893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Op scraping the barrel on this one. I guess your team was on the losing end. Perhaps since your div 1 team is struggling they should have dropped a few to give your team a chance. I bet your div one coach is looking over their shoulder with a more than qualified div 1 coach coaching div 2 waiting In the wings.

Reply #442917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754