Moneyballer
Years ago

2013-14 NBL Allstar Game

Will there one this year? And if so what city do you want it in? I'd say I want it in Perth

Topic #33052 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

andthefoul.net says there won't be one this year

Reply #443608 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Can't be in perth, they get the arena ready for the tennis.

Reply #443614 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I have also heard that there will not be one this year.

Reply #443617 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think it would be a smart move not to have it this year so the NBL can conserve some money so they can fund the Brisbane team like they said they will next year.

If there were to be a game I would support Hisence Arena, Sydney and Perth.

Reply #443618 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

I don't like the idea of an All Star game in the NBL right now. A few more Ennis types then maybe

Reply #443620 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Why not hold it in Brisbane and schedule it to coincide with the New Bullets announcement. Might be a good kick start to the Brisvegas market?

Reply #443625 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I wouldn't be keen on an all star game until there are more teams. Last year had some players withdrawal due to "injuries".

Reply #443628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year's game was super, but no problem if they want to save money this year.

Reply #443631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That means we will have one glaring week with no games played. What a fail.

Reply #443666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glaring gap

Reply #443667 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oh no! A "glaring gap" in the week before Christmas when everyone already has a million things on. Everyone will notice and it will be the death of the league! /s

Reply #443679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL should capitalise during holiday periods like Christmas, Australia Day, Easter yet do nothing with it. Now they have a stretch of 10-11 days with no fixtures. What a joke.

Reply #443687 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

What can the NBL ever do with 11 days without games?

Oh.. I know!

Some form of promotion!

Seriously, the All Star Game hasnt been good since mid 00's when we had all those Aussies that are now in europe. And before then it hadnt been good since 1996/7.. Lets just realise that the league doesnt have that many stars and ditch it til it does.. yeah? otherwise the Allstar game only serves to show the disparity between NBL and NBA

Reply #443830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that during those 11 days they should do a special promotion of sorts but let's face it they won't. There will be nothing and a further reason for casuals to forget about the league.

Reply #443840 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If there was an all star game you would surely have south (adel,melb,per,NZ) as favourites with players such as Ennis,Goulding,Ervin,Worthington and Redhage going against Ogilvy,Carmouche,Pace,Conklin and Clarke

Reply #444011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754