Anonymous
Years ago

WNBL Officials.

Is it just me or do the Officials on WNBL games allow more contact than the men are allowed on the NBL? Are they controlled by the same people or getting different direction?

Topic #33069 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooper runs the NBL and Carey runs the WNBL, probably explains the things you've noticed.
Personally I think the WNBL need to follow the NBLs lead and tighten things up but with Carey bitter about losing the NBL gig, youth being flavour of the day with the officials and the older more experienced ones being pushed out I can't see it going well.
The new ones have poor people skills and lack the experience to manage the conflict that will arise with tighter calling.

Reply #443889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't follow WNBL but am appalled Carey is running the refs over there. He made the NBL play like indoor AFL. How is he still employed, boggles the mind.

Reply #443930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting observation, some disappointing things happening to some of the long serving referee's and officials around the country, it would appear Carey is out of touch with things.

Reply #443962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754