Wilson Sting
Years ago

Is Ogilvy a protected species?

Ogilvy's a great player and completely dominated Cairns last night but watching the game noticed how the refs didn't seem to call too much against him as opposed to minimal contact calls against Burston and Young. Is he getting preferential refereeing treatment like the premium NBA players do?

Topic #33071 | Report this topic

Aa  
Years ago

Sour much?

Reply #443867 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

BOOM

Reply #443870 | Report this post

Phobus  
Years ago

Sorry Cairns coach. I hope you enjoy venting on hoops forum!

Reply #443894 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Heh... yeah, considering how much he gets targeted and beaten up himself, this is a funny post...

Reply #443910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Cairns coach a precious species?

Reply #443914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very much protected. years ago luke schenscher was called for everything, then left sixers and went up north. became protected, now at sixers again, he's gone back to not protected. refs look after teams. however guys like McDonald; cheat.

good player, but somewhat protected. brad hill is a protected species big time.

Reply #443916 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Phobus, great argument. Showing a great insight and an even greater amount of thought and research while not adding to the debate. Aaron Fearney is the coach of Cairns. I didn't see the game between the snakes and the violet crumbles but I thought that Ogilvy was given a free ride by the refs when they played the Sixers.

Reply #443923 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Protect him all you like, he was my dream team captain this week and if he scores big then I'm happy and he is a hell of a player but isn't the sole reason for Cairns being beaten

Reply #443947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no doubt he gets away with a lot of shoving and some travels with shuffling of the feet too but I wouldn't call him a protected species.

Reply #443955 | Report this post

Damon Lowery  
Years ago

He's no Ricky Grace

Reply #443965 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Anon: So you're saying the refs protected schenscher while in townsville and that townsville are one of the protected teams?

Bahahahahaha!

Reply #443969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher got hit in the head right in front of the ref on Fri night and got no call....Ogilvy seemed to get away with alot during the game against the Sixers here the other week.

Reply #444047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754