what about marino?

Reply #38014 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

Carberry is more consistant

Reply #38063 | Report this post

Mace web  
Years ago

pleeease Braithwaite provides alot more and is more consistent than Carberry no disrepect to her. Have you compared their stats I think not

Reply #38113 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

Carberry shoots way too much and doesnt involve the team. Braithwaite provides a target, blocks shots and gets rebounds, she is also far more intimidating. I don't think they are even remotely comparable as braithwaite is so much better!

Reply #38132 | Report this post

my thought  
Years ago

Have either of you been to a South womens game? If you are going on stats, then a 7 ft player SHOULD look better on paper, but stats dont always tell the story.
To quote pickles 'Carberry shoots way too much and doesnt involve the team' - well if you want to involve stats as it seems you guys do, Carberry is 12th in the league for assists (doesnt involve the team??), shoots 30 & 33% from the field and 3 pt line and 76% from the free throw line. Not bad percentages.

Reply #38152 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

30% from the field is terrible.

Reply #38159 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Doc,

If you have a look at the stats, Jenny Carberry is 7th in 3 point % & 4th in Freet Throw %, so if she is "terrible", doesn't say much for the rest of the league

Reply #38160 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I didn't say she was terrible, I said 30% fg shooting is terrible. I didn't say anything about her 3pt and free throw %, which are pretty good.

Given her fg%, it's probably true that she shoots too much. Don't put words in my mouth.....or in my post....whatever.

Reply #38163 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Acutally my post didn't read too well either, now I look at it again.
I meant that if her shooting is "terrible" then it didn't say much for the rest of the competition, not her as a player, who incidentally I think has improved out of sight, with the additional responsibility now that Deanna has moved on from South.

Reply #38166 | Report this post

Mace web  
Years ago

my thoughts should get it right, 6"7 is a far cry from 7"

Reply #38168 | Report this post

South Supporter  
Years ago

It is very difficult to compare players if you are just going to look at stats. I agree with 'my thought' in that the tallest player in the league (Australia for that matter) should look better on paper. FG% should be a lot higher as well given all shots are taken directly under the basket. As for Carberry shooting too much, have a look at Kelson, she shoots the ball too and is also up there in assists. Perhaps the reason the South women have been successful to date has been the significant contribution of all 3 players - Kelson, Braithwaite & Carberry? Doesn't look like a team of individuals to me and an improvement on previous years when only one person took most of the shots.

Reply #38169 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I haven't seen her play and I wasn't really commenting on her specifically when I said 30% from the field is terrible. I think that most people would agree that 30% fg isn't too flash, whatever league you are playing in.

But, when you have Braithwaite under the basket, you can afford to miss a few shots.

Reply #38172 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

Hi my thought, i have seen a south womens game. by involving the team you need to look at more than just stats. Deflections and talking it up and being a big presence can not be measured by stats.

It would be interesting to note how many inside keyway shots other teams have when playing against south. I would have thought they would have to work harder for their points cos Tracy is taking up the key way with her long arms.

Reply #38232 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

j screen and n lindsay would have to rate for forestville...

Reply #38414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754