Benno
Years ago

Luther Head getting interest from Melb Tiges

Via RealGM.

Luther Head is fielding interest to play overseas in the hopes of resurrecting an NBA career, a source told RealGM.

Head is receiving interest from teams in Turkey and Ukraine - including Turkish team Turk Telekom and Melbourne Tigers of the National Basketball League, a source said. NBA teams that have expressed a level of interest in Head have made clear a swift move for him won't be made.

A former first round draft choice of the Houston Rockets in 2005, Head played with four teams in six NBA seasons. He spent his most recent season with the Sacramento Kings in 2011, and Head enjoyed his best year in 2006-07, when he averaged nearly 11 points on 44.1 percent three-point shooting on the Rockets’ playoff team.

Head entered the 2005 NBA draft after a standout career at the Univeristy of Illinois, where the 6-foot-3 sharpshooter teamed with Deron Williams and Dee Brown to form a dynamic backcourt that led the school to the NCAA championship game.

Head, 30, played in the D-League a season ago, averaging 12.5 points and 1.5 steals per game with Austin and Texas.

Topic #33094 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Whenever I see this guy's name, I remember a high-school age Chinese international student my brother had staying with him for a while. He was a huge NBA fan (of the Rockets, unsurprisingly) which meant that he was quite enamoured with his host. Anyway, Luther Head played for the Rockets at the time, but Andersen the student always pronounced his name as "Loser Head".

I'd like to think that there are countless kids in China telling stories of Andrew Gaze's pronunciations of Chinese Olympic player names in turn.

Reply #444252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a good signing if he did come to Melbourne, definitely an upgrade on Ubaka

Reply #444336 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

Anything would be a big upgrade on Ubaka. Hope he comes down here, I think we are the only league with an NBA ourclause?

Reply #444340 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Getting head could be beneficial to the tigers. I think Ubaka is over rated

Reply #444345 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Pretty sure everyone on the Tigers would love head

Reply #444347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ubaka blows. Head is the man for the job

Reply #444349 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

I think its Heads job... lets hope he doesn't blow it

Reply #444350 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Ubaka is utterly useless... dont know what happened.

Reply #444351 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Some of these jokes suck.

Reply #444357 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

As you were with your Head puns...

Reply #444360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They already have dick head leading the league in scoring so loser head should be a good fit

Reply #444395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers just putting a rocket up Ubaka.

Reply #444403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers would become a title threat if head replaced pathetic ubaka. Does anyone know how many points ubaka is worth and how much he's getting payed. There's heaps of big v and seabl players that are better than him.

Reply #444409 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Ubaka is a 10 pt player?

Reply #444410 | Report this post

GuessWhosBACK  
Years ago

all imports take up 10 points... so crapbaka is a 10 point player

Reply #444416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754