Anonymous
Years ago

Thoughts about Fraser Neill's NBL plans?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/new-nbl-chief-sees-a-future-tied-with-the-nba-more-clubs-and-a-bigger-tv-presence/story-fnii09gt-1226759052406

Thoughts?

Topic #33117 | Report this topic

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

He seem's to know what needs to be done... but sounds a little vague about 'how'. Give him some time I think, And we might end up being very impressed. We SHOULD see some changes by next season... if its mid next season and everything looks the same I would say he might be a dud. I wouldnt mind having an eye over this 5 year plan... I feel positive about frasier, but then again I felt positive about Kristina Keneally and look how thats panned out!...

Reply #444718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's fine to talk about all these things but unless he can accomplish what he would like to see, it's all pissing in the wind.

Talk is cheap

Reply #444722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at all the money he lost as CEO of NSW Rugby. Guy is a dud.

Reply #444770 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm excited and he will be next to Mal Speed in the hall of fame if he can get the game to where he wants it!

My only thing is him saying if we have 9 teams then we may as well have 10 and then later say he has fixtures for next year with 8 and 9 teams... What happened to the 10th team fixtures?

I'm loving this idea of more teams as players like Stevie Weigh have so much damn talent and they have bloody good players around them that they don't take it on themselves to take over games... Can't help but think players like Weigh, Steindl and even Gliddon would go up another level if they had more responsibility (and that is only naming a few from 1 team)

Reply #444771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh btw what is wrong with his face???

Reply #444772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mal Speed for the Hall of Shame.

Reply #444790 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

LOL> I have never considered Stephen Weigh super talented... and I worry about a league where he is a 'go to' guy on a team. That might fly in Finland or something but it shouldn't in the NBL...

Reply #444795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mal Speed did well until he thought
"This game is booming, no need to do Marketing anymore"

He got lazy and didn't stay focused.

This MUST NOT happen again

Reply #444807 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I like it how he wants goals that he wants to achieve. He has set these goal and given a time frame which I like.

Reply #444837 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Well I was surprised that Speed was in the Hall of fame myself but if Fraser reads this then this is the last goal he should have... I welcome any man that will give the fans a league that we all desire to have whilst hopefully keeping ticketing prices below $100/seat for gold ticketing

Reply #444862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My thought is why is his last name a first name and his first name a last name?

Reply #444865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754