fletch
Years ago

Hawks vs Wildcats, Nov 17

Anyone want to discuss the Hawks vs wildcats game. Perth should dominate again but id like to see the Hawks keep it competitive. The need Rhys Martin to get involved at the moment Rotnei Clark doing everything for the hawks. 10 all at 5 minute mark

Topic #33142 | Report this topic

Rick  
Years ago

Demos has developed a nice jumpshot.

Reply #445351 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Hahaha great comment by Carfino after the miss from U'u.

"They must have the rims over the other side of the backboard over there."

Reply #445354 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

Clark doing everything for the Hawks. When he had a seat perth started breaking away in the first qtr. Tiggs already with about 3 turnovers

Reply #445356 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The Hawks PA guy is a bloody crack up. I haven't had this much fun watching basketball in a while.

Too whomever, please don't spoil the result until the game finishes on TV

Reply #445358 | Report this post

banked shot  
Years ago

Ennis starting to get going over some good d from Demos. Hawks cant get a call from the refs on the inside drives

Reply #445361 | Report this post

banked shot  
Years ago

Perth dominating on rebounds 23-12 Hawks need Davidson back soon.

Reply #445365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Within a bucket in the fourth, then Perth pulled away. Didn't get to see the game - was it lack of depth which had them fade at the end.

Reply #445370 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

At this stage, do we think Rotnei Clarke will stay?

Reply #445374 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Very competitive for 3 quarters but outclassed in final term. Only 7 hawks played in this game

Reply #445376 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Isaac,

At a guess, they burnt their petrol tickets trying to close the gap, because, when you look at the score worm, there is that pinch in the lines and then it just goes back to what it was doing before the surge. Two bad quarters from Wollongong (2nd + 4th) is a luxury I don't think any team can afford against either Cats or 36ers this year.

Reply #445378 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Rotnei is staying.

Reply #445380 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Too much class. Wollongong made turnovers at critical moments and lacked discipline in the final quarter. Fatigue a factor but probably more likely that some guys just don't have the ability to deliver the output required for the Hawks to be more successful.

IMO They need more skilled players at every position with possible exception to the power foward spot.

Reply #445381 | Report this post

banked shot  
Years ago

Hawks just need a solid centre. Rotnei Clark is one of the best players in the league and for parts was the only one doing anything for the Hawks. I think Tiggs needs to be looked at if Wollongong were going to seek a new import he has too many turnovers. Tiggs looks like he has the potential to be very dangerous around the rim, but has not yet been finishing consistently. When Davidson comes back in they will win a few games but they need more depth at the centre position. It was a good game from the Hawks though, they did push the Wildcats for large portions of the game. The end just blew out for them. Wildcats are just to deep at every position.

Reply #445382 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Nat, that's what I would've thought too. Re: Tiggs, he kept fouling and didn't get much burn today, 14 minutes. He does look very dangerous though, definitely have not seen what he can do yet.

Reply #445386 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Rotnei Clarke reminds me of JJ Barea

Reply #445396 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Disagree that they need to upgrade most starters - depth is one issue and missing their lynchpin centre is another. Martin at his past best, Demos off the bench would be one change without hiring. Very hard for them when teams are getting stronger, even mid-season with Young, Tigers arrival, etc.

Reply #445397 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Tiggs shows promise but he's an import and therefore needs to be more polished and reliable, especially on this current Hawks team.

IMO Hawks need a solid back up centre (I had hoped to see more of Harris-Tunks but Geordie has kept him largely on the pine in the "Mandarin's" absence), Coenraad is solid but needs to be providing more as a starter, especially given where Tiggs us at. Demos is not starter quality and not strong enough as either a shooter or distributor to be a back up to Clarke or Martin, his greatest value is hussle play. At the very least they need another reliable shooter or a guy who can get to the basket and finish or dish off at the 1 or 2 spots.

Reply #445404 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

3 double-weekends out of the way, 3 to go, one of which is next weekend. Will be a crucial one, very easy for this weekend to go 0-2 and stuff up the season.

Reply #445410 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

7-2 would not stuff up the season.

Reply #445418 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

A split weekend will still put us at 9-1. I think we could lose to the sixers but hopefully beat the kings

Reply #445419 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Just thinking,

Imagine how good Rotnei would be if he was in a team where he didn't have to try create for himself as much as he does.

He would put up some big numbers if he could play off the ball and have someone find him in open shooting positions, rather than trying to get into those positions by himself (off the dribble).

Reply #445420 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Start Martin with Clarke unless he isn't ready physically.

Reply #445423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nat is the new Paul.

Reply #445425 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I love Perth fans even more than 36er fans...

"omg, if we lose two games in a row and go 8-2 the season is d000med!11!!" lol...

Reply #445484 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ Nooo, but drop those two against the otehr Top 4 and we're instantly out of breathing room - would be a very bad weekend to drop. Worse than if we'd dropped this one because of how the series splits work.

Reply #445500 | Report this post

Aerius  
Years ago

"do we think Rotnei Clarke will stay?"

You're trolling right? Why would they get rid of someone putting up near 20ppg?

They need to start Martin with Clarke in the backcourt.

I'd even bring Forman off the bench to avoid getting early cheap fouls. Start Gruber and Davidson up front.

I think Tiggs should also start. Coenraad just hasn't developed. He also went of injured yesterday. Anyone know what happened?

Reply #445534 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The Hawks are one big man short imo (even with Davidson) a 100% healthy Rhys Martin will help. Demos is NOT a starting quality player.

Reply #445537 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Things I learnt from this thread:
-Demos is not a starting quality player

Things I learnt from this thread that I didn't already know:
-Nothing

:)

Reply #445605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cats wont go undefeated this season so stop overreacting. I think they will lose around 3 or 4 games so it's not the end of the world.

Reply #445650 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754