Bulldog
Years ago

Kwame Brown cut

Philly has waived former number 1 draft pick Kwame Brown.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10007910/kwame-brown-waived-philadelphia-76ers

Topic #33176 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Unvelievably, this bloke may not go down in infamy when all is said and done. A one Mr Bennett is staking his own claim for 'that' title.

Reply #446173 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Which NBL team is going to make him an offer? Wollongong could do with him. Would he take a 90% pay cut??

Reply #446174 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Has there been a worse #1 pick in nba history

Reply #446176 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

has the Cavs #1 pick this year scored a field goal yet?

Reply #446178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Jordan started his NBA career and possibly Brett Brown has just ended it.

Reply #446179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/kobe-bryant-has-a-kwame-brown-story/2011/10/07/gIQAgsdnSL_blog.html

Reply #446188 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I read in the Michael Jordan book with his time with the Washignton Wizards. That Jordan and the Wizards staff watched Kwame Brown and Tyson Chandler play against each other one on one. Brown absolutely destroyed Chandler and the Wizards decided to take Kwame Brown on that scrimmage. They said in hindsight maybe they read too much into that practice.

Jordan kind of destroyed Brown's confidence in Washington though. I read reports that he was particularly hard on Brown which may have been to his detriment.

Reply #446228 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Not a good day for no. 1 picks.

The Man-but-mostly-child was being a bitch again, in an argument with his own teammate, James Harden on the sidelines at Dallas.

Not to outdo himself, he later got a tech foul with less than three minutes remaining which halted Houston's momentum and subsequently lost them the game.

Reply #446246 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

I think the reason why there is a fair amount of Draft busts is because they pick on 'potential' on not what a player is currently showing they are capable of... I think if they picked up players solely on what they are doing at the moment they are picked they would probably pick way more europeans in euroleagues then college kids. Just my opinion. And here we have an example... Delly, a proven player against MEN in the olympics.. outshining this guy picked on potential... WHo would have thought?... And delly does not have 1 single favourable physical attribute in the NBA except his brain!

Reply #446253 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

Jordan is notorious for being an asshole. It's no surprise the bobcats have yet to accomplish anything since he got involved with them.

Kwame would struggle in the NBL to be honest. ABL he might have a shot though

Reply #446281 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Remember olawakandi???? he would go close to being the biggest nubmer 1 pick flop

Reply #446487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754