Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide Arena car park post-game

Someone get out here and sort this out!!! Great night but someone forgot post game car park duties

Topic #33182 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't think the normal guys were on. might have been Woodville warriors doing gates this week. not great but that's why the road is a much better option

Reply #446431 | Report this post

Parker  
Years ago

Perhaps Woodville were waiting for Magic to fill their vacant positions again

Reply #446437 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Zing!

Reply #446438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a bleeding whinge will ya. First decent crowd at a game and you complain about getting out of the car park. Great game, worth the wait in the car park!!

Reply #446441 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

It's all about the secret car park

Reply #446454 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

The Woodville el Supremo was in NZ officiating

Reply #446471 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

If everyone drove with common sense and actually allowed tragic to flow by letting ppl in and not blocking ppl or raging it would be fine

Sadly though there are not enough drivers with common sense or curtosy

Reply #446472 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That's why you chill for a few minutes in the stadium after the game. Let those people who have to be out the car park at all costs go first.

Reply #446476 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Juniors Div 3 and below families trying to get their kids home to sleep ready for 8.30 games today. Some have to travel Morphetvale to Gawler fair call for them to need to get going, not want.... They will often bring 4+ people to game so again fantastic they make the effort to support the teams and inspire the kids.. Perspective please.....

Reply #446500 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Head upstairs instead straight after the game and and watch the player (past and present) interviews instead. By the time they are done, traffic is no issue.

Reply #446510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I started the thread while stuck in the car park. Needed another 20 minutes before I was out.

For others who can afford to hang around, fine. Myself I had to get out due to a 4am work start today.

Seriously wondering what happened. It's a bad expirence, not a great look for first timers to the ball. If no one is going to do it I'll bloody well will call the club up and do it next game.

Reply #446514 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

20 mins seems about right for what I used to wait when I used it back in 90's early 00 think its just the extra numbers. Really if you are that rushed just leave early.

Reply #446528 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It does't matter be it a sporting event of music festival car parks are crazy.

Agree with Skip. If you're in no rush to get to bed, cruise on up, shout the music man and/or the Silver Fox a beer, then help Brett with his Wikipedia.

Reply #446545 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

park on grange rd - 10 min walk from stadium on a nice summer night - straight into main thoroughfare.

would you take your car to AAmi for a 50,000 game ?

Reply #446552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, you hit the nail on the head. After the game finished I didn't bother leaving the building for about 10-15 minutes. By the time I got to my car getting out was easy.

And one thing that helped. While everyone was falling over themselves to get out via the only exit to Crittenden Rd.....the gate by the Sorento Sports Club only had a few cars going through there so I didn't have to wait in a line of cars.

Reply #446554 | Report this post

losers  
Years ago

ffs.u guys really need a reality check .u whinge when no one goes,and now this? honestly mindblowing.no wonder we and others are leaving this ego orientated sport for footy.You ,the whingers,are a bunch of wankers.great promotion .

Reply #446558 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, have you emailed the club about this?

Reply #446559 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

Football isn't dominated by egos? Did I just read that right

Reply #446574 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

When you get a large crowd at the Adelaide Arena there are always going to be problems getting out once the game has finished. The car park has 3 exits yet about 80% will always try and leave via the main exit to Crittenden Road.

Be thankful the NBL is now a summer league. The grass car park was a bit of a bitch in days of old when there were regular sellouts and it rained.....

Reply #446580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So I bought a Subaru for nothing? dang it.

Reply #446646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hmmm. Car park with lots of cars and 3 exits. I can't believe it would take 15mins to get out. Duh.
If you a problem with the car park don't use it. Oh, but then you would complain that you had to walk a short distance to get into stadium.
Or you could leave early like the people in front of me every game and miss the end of another great finish.

Reply #446654 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The AA car park is rather pathetic though. If like myself you ride a motorbike there are no actual motorcycle parking spaces at all and if you're not one of the staff/players/officials then parking is on grass. As we know, motorbikes don't stand on their own two wheels, they have to have a stand. When its grass and it rains the stands can sink into the ground and I know people who have ridden to the venue and come out after a game to find their bike on the ground after the grass was simply too soft to hold the bike stand.

And the issue continues to fall on deaf ears.

Reply #446759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carry a bit of wood mate. 4 x2 works.

Reply #446949 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

Worked a treat for me car park attendants are great

Reply #452647 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wish they opened the gate at the North-West corner for exiting. Then it'd be much quicker to avoid the main entrance, go out the North end of the carpark, and loop around to Crittenden Road.

Reply #452654 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

How would fix and means more to crittenden need police at lights to have traffic flow not more gates skip and co correct chill and cruise out after twenty minutes or leave before game ends wow that good idea not unless hot date

Reply #452751 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It would fix it for people using that exit and way of getting to Crittenden more quickly.

Reply #452753 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:49 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754