Kenny Mac
Years ago

Kings need a PG

Kings need a New PG quick. Best to cut Charles carmouche and bring back Sanders or Corin Henry! What do the experts on SA Hoops reckon? Will Hammer make the right move or continue on with this failed experiment?

Topic #33200 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hammer is clueless. ben Allen? Oh please.
Crap in seabl and now playing NBL again.

Reply #446741 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The Kings should have signed Tom Daly.....not sure if he would be the answer but he can definitely be an asset.

Reply #446748 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Lol. Ben Allen wouldn't even be good in social league... I am glad that Graeme Dann is no longer in the league.. but the NBL will not be credible until Ben Allen is GONE

And yes, they need a point guard, and quick. I would drop the mooch... bring jesse back, or try and pick up a new point guard.

Reply #446754 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Should have dropped Carmouche first they have enough cover at 2 spot.

Reply #446761 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yep cut the wrong import. Think They thought based on the 36ers game where Carmouche lit it up that he was a keeper, 43 point loss and no guidance says otherwise!

Reply #446770 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Careful fellas the Kings still have their star point guard to come back, James Harvey!

Oh wait he is yet another shooting guard, oh damn they're screwed!

I remember in the second half, I think it was Waites bringing down the court and passed it to Carmouche and he nailed the 3... I turned to my mate beside me and said "that's the best he has looked all game and it was distributed to him"

When is Gleason returning? Cody Ellis will be back before him !

Reply #446781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should make a run at Ced Jackson, offer to pay him more than the 80k the Breakers offered to bring him back.

Reply #446783 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson back in the nbl but think the chances of him returning are very slim. Add him and Cody Ellis to Sydney roster and they look good

Reply #446787 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Also depends on how much money is left over I'd imagine Young would be on good $. Corin Henry or a seabl type might be best fit. Should have kept Sanders

Reply #446792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sanders was great. Carmouche is a douche.

WTF Sydney honestly?

Reply #446795 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Sorry I meant jarrod weeks not Waites and rumors are that Young is highest paid player in league... Your a fool if you think there is money left for Jackson or any other MVP quality PG.

I think Ogilvy would be on plenty and he deserves every cent as does Madgen, no need to shake up the team just to get someone that air balls free throws and 3 pointers on a consistent basis

Reply #446802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal has too much ego to admit he was wrong. He's not changing things now with all the money they have invested. Dumbest decision ever! Feel sorry for sanders.

Reply #446813 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

You think Jackson would even consider Sydney and anon what set of swings did you pull the Breakers offered the MVP 80k to stay from?

Reply #446819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the story with Gleeson? He hasn't played a game for them since the pre-season so his injury must be serious. I don't know if he's any better than Weeks at PG but right now he's the only other option they've got.

Reply #446827 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If Ced Jackson is available for a little more than $80k than surely someone else would have picked him up. Are you listening Cairns???

Reply #446832 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

If they can't source an import PG quickly it is school holidays soon....could do worse than to call Macdonald get him to help out until they get an import PG sorted....that said import PG is the big issue.

Reply #446844 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He (C.Jackson) is probably on at least 400k in Europe. I think his team spends 2.5-3 ish mill on their roster a season

Reply #446845 | Report this post

WAboy  
Years ago

They will get one next year, the best defensive player in the league.

Reply #446847 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Probably a stupid question... But when an import is signed for a season for say 120k, then gets sacked mid-season, do they get paid the whole 120k? or are they on a week-to-week contract, that amounts to 120k?

Then second part of the question: If the answer is yes to the above question, if they were to re-sign Sanders, would they have to re-negotiate a contract? Effectively paying him twice?

Sounds ridiculous, but is it possible?

Reply #446852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sanders' last game was the reason the kings won, his effort was fantastic. I'm so happy the kings got smashed, stick it up to Heal for shafting a guy giving his heart out on court and then kicking him out the back door. Sanders, if the kings come calling don't answer the phone.

Reply #446856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HENDO.. NBL players usually get paid per month.. so sanders would of been paid out for November.

Shane Mcdonald wont be playing in the NBL unless its a guaranteed deal in Melbourne as he teachers at a private school getting paid more than most NBL players in the 9th and 10th positions on a side.

Luke Cooper would be the only realistic option as a local to call up that fits the points system and could be dirt cheep.

Reply #446862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke Martin is another option, but not really starting calibre. Luke Kendall as well. Luke city.

Rhys Carter could start but his wife is about to give birth and I think he's only just joined a new team in Sweden.

Reply #446867 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Rhys is a good back-up but a bad starter, still, an improvement on what they have now.

Reply #446868 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

Hendo

Imports have a trial period built into the front end of their contracts which usually is about 8 games timing wise ( hence the import movements we have seen every season take place in the same few weeks or prior)

The import will be paid out til the end of the month they were released.

Aussies dont have this as once a contract is signed it is for the season. Unless a player specifically agrees to an alteration to that.

Reply #446870 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

@Anon - Think Macdonald is best short term option for a school holiday stint...but that said it is in a different city from were he lives so could be an issue.

Not to many credible local options....Cooper has been stuck in the Waratah so hard to gauge him over the last 2 years.

They should be working the phones to get a import PG asap thou as any local would be a short term deal only until a new import arrives.

Reply #446877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before Sanders was dropped, most people thought he should not be dropped.

But it seems everyone is assuming it was Heal's decision to keep Carmouche. Is that correct though?

Is Sanders still in aus?

Reply #446909 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

With ellis coming back and a great center in Ogilivy they need a pass first point guard..

Reply #446913 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

When is Ellis likely to start playing?

Reply #446916 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Would Rhys Carter qualify as an Aussie? Hasn't he taken out Swedish citizenship?

Reply #446918 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bake, can't he hold both?

Reply #446925 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

We have been told that Cody is back in December and that's basically a week away... Is he almost on the plane yet?

Reply #446929 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Carter is an Aussie with a duel passport. He's said he would return to the NBL if it was the right role on a team (nothing to do with money!) However I think he's happy where he is.

Tom Daly would be better than most locals that I've seen, if Sydney got crafty enough he could be signed as an injury replacement (Harvey as Gleeson is only a 1pt player). But then would have to be released once Harvey returns. No idea when that is...

Sucks bridges were burnt with Aaron Bruce. He would have been their starting PG at the moment!

Reply #446951 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Mid-December at the earliest I think was mentioned previously...

We don't need another back up quality PG, we need someone to be able to run the show... According to Boti on his live chat today the rule that once you cut a local player that's it might apply to an import by default, so that might rule out a return of Sanders, unfortunately...

I'd much rather he return, post-Kings falling on their proverbial sword with a giant mea culpa...

Reply #446953 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Nat - I agree that as a PG, Bruce would be a better option than what we've got now, but there were still the rumours of bad chemistry within the team to contend with and well, his patchy performance/not living up to his potential... Out of the two I'd definitely prefer have had his skillset over an Allen, Gleeson, or really, a Harvey...

Someone in Bruce's mold would have been rounded out the team much nicer, even though we were hoping that Gleeson would have been fit and he's probably a close fit, at least at QBL level...

Reply #446955 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Harveys old and always injured, had his day. Infact, Sydneys guard rotation is pretty cruddy, Jarrod Weeks and Kevin White shouldnt even be in the league. They made a mistake dropping sanders...

Reply #446956 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

http://www.slu.edu/x16283.xml

I doubt you will see Cody on court before the 29th of December.

From the link above his commencement ceremony would be December 13th. The Kings play on the 14th and then not until the 29th.

Reply #447151 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

WAboy do you have some inside knowledge that the Wildcats' captain will be headed back to NSW or are you just a bit worried that he will like me?

Reply #447152 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Silencer83: The reception he gets from everyone after the games in Sydney and how cheery he looks (usually because the Wildcats have just smashed us) IS very heart-warming ;)

I'm not sure if you have anything to worry about though... I think the close-knit friendships and the classy setup that is over there will no doubt entice him back...

That being said... No Bevo... Probably a fair chunk of cash already allocated (not that I'm suggesting he'd be motivated by $$$, but surely he's going to have to splurge for a diamond or two soon, and then down the track?)

If AJ could be enticed to stay just one more season as well, imagine what the line up could look like... *daydreaming drool*

Reply #447175 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Gleeson is trying to earn a spot back in the team. He is not the quality PG the kings are looking for. Ellis graduates and is here now? or in the next few days, but probably wont be ready to play until after xmas.
Sanders can't come back, as the NBL rules state once you can a player, you can him for the season.
Carmouche looked like his first game last weekend, don't lose anything by replacing him.

Reply #449499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't say much about Gleeson that he is working to earn a spot at the expense of Weeks.

Reply #449508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:29 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754