Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABL this weekend

Just a reminder to the meagre few who hit Hoops SA on a quiet Saturday, make sure you get to a game tonight.

The Sturt vs Forestville rematch is my pick for the top double-header of the night. It's at Pasadena and the girls play first. Tightest combo of the round and that should mean a decent crowd. I hope the cheergirls who were at Pasadena at the last game I saw have come up with a song about Tom Finkemeyer, because I can't imagine that name rhymes with much.

At Port Adelaide, West face Southern and at the Dome, Woodville take on unpredictable Norwood. With Norwood, you never know what you're going to get so if you're looking for a surprise, go to the Dome!

In the hills, Eastern play South. I'd guess the Eastern men and South women as favourites, but the results were reversed in Round 5, so you never know. I think the men's game could be competitive.

If you're out North, head to Starplex for Centrals vs North. The entree may be a lopsided battled, but the main course is going to be a thick, bloody steak hanging off the edges of the plate. Both of these teams want wins heading into the finals and both have the firepower to get them. Centrals men won it last time, but the visiting Rockets might have the edge this time -- still could go either way.

Then tomorrow (if you're busy tonight, or want to see more games this weekend) Woodville host Eastern at the Dome. Eastern will have played bruising South and Woodville will be recuperating from a Norwood beat-up, so it could be a case of who didn't get injured.

Topic #3323 | Report this topic

The Accountant  
Years ago

Centrals vs North will be a good game cant wait 2 see it

Reply #38314 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754