Anonymous
Years ago

Brock Motum a World Cup chance?

http://www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=302&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3146&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=f88d940d17

Anyone think he is a realistic chance for the World Cup next year?

Topic #33230 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

I think if Dave Andersen isnt available Brock will get a look in.

Reply #447350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Andersen playing now? And why would he not be available?

Reply #447351 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's not playing anywhere, he's in Melbourne rehabbing his body looking to pick up a gig after Christmas when he gets some fitness.

Reply #447353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok thanks for that. Any chance he could return to the NBA?

Reply #447354 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He has said that's an option he is looking at, depends on interest I suppose.

Reply #447359 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

You would have to have a look at Brock regardless of if Anderson is there.. cant hurt to have 2 stretch 4's on the team.

Reply #447377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Andersen at this point in his career, coming back from injury ... perhaps he will transition to a bench veteran, play a role ... I think Motum has a chance for sure. His game suits international play from what I've seen. Any one know his numbers etc from europe?

Reply #447379 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

Just read the article. I like the fact that he WANTS to represent Australia.. doesn't just expect it.. Hes shown he has talent. Would have to put the guy in the camp atleast..

Reply #447381 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's a long way back, not being in the system at that point and not even being proven as a pro. Pretty tough to make your first taste of senior international basketball a WC in a team whose systems you dont know.

I look at him as more of a future player once his defence has improved and his shot is more consistent.

He's currently averaging 8p (54% 2p, 33% 3p) and 3r in 23mins in Italy, which is a similar standard as NBL, although different style.

Reply #447389 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is a definite squad member IMO, but he has not yet been in the system like Broekhoff, Exum etc so is less likely if a fit and firing David Andersen is available.

Reply #447394 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Anderson is not a stretch 4..

Reply #447404 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Anderson would be a vet on your bench when you need to hit some 3's.

Reply #447689 | Report this post

Tiger watcher  
Years ago

He should be in the squad and just see how he fits in from there. At this point he'd be our best stretch fit stretch 4 whom is playing in a good European league and developing his game.
As the FIBA comps are normally played in a very Euro style I expect guys with euro exp to be ahead of guys playing NBL..... Only as they "should" have a better understanding of the style & refs etc.

Reply #447690 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Wortho and Barlow would be ahead of Motum, and possibly even Petrie after a winter in the squad.

Reply #447711 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754