Chocolate Tears
Years ago

Horrible performance tonight

Concerned 20 year season ticket holder here. I came to the game tonight, excited and expecting big things, but was sorely disappointed. What a sorry excuse for a half-time dance I saw from the giant FruChoc tonight. The severe lack of effort and any hint of enthusiasm was galling! He/she looked like they were on road rubbish patrol on a chain gang, not partying it up on the big stage on a huge sugar high. I'm not sure if GF was under some sort of injury cloud, but if you are good enough to be on court, you should dance like you're 100% fit. Usually I would be pumped with a thrilling 1pt win, but I left the game tonight feeling empty, betrayed and emotionally exhausted. I was looking forward to getting my choc sundae from McDonalds on the way home, but that's thrown that idea right out the window. How can one eat chocolate after seeing such crimes against chocolate, and dance, and basketball. Please, please please get the FruChoc fired up and animated next game, or I will have no choice but to rip up my season ticket in protest.

Topic #33244 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wtf did I just read?

Reply #447674 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

The dancing FruChoc every week at half time is becoming a bit cringe worthy. Surely they have another way to sell their product that is a bit more engaging.

Reply #447675 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Usually I read the 1st comment of a topic before I read the original post. Usually sums up if I should read the actual post.

In this case PlaymakerMo hasn't failed me!

Reply #447677 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

good grief...

Reply #447678 | Report this post

GuesswhosBACK  
Years ago

I liked that.

And yeah, I have fantasised many times about punching the fru choc square in the face. He has 1 move, and its not even very good...

Reply #447686 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

You know the fans in Adelaide are happy about their basketball team again when the most disappointing feature of the night is a dancing ball of processed fruit coated with chocolate. Sack the Fruchoc thread is only one home game away...

Reply #447687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it Marty Clarke inside the costume?

Reply #447688 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

A wins a win look at it this way we had players sick and injured

If this was last year we would have found away to lose by 20pts

Instead we guts it out and won

Reply #447692 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

No doubt I thought we looked tired and not with the same intensity as last week BUT we WON so who cares. We are 8-2 , enjoy it and look at the positives

Reply #447693 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

think you guys are getting a little off topic..
.this is not about the Sixers...
this is about a fruit piece enveloped in a beautiful layer of chocolate

Reply #447694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol @ thomo and pure silk

Reply #447695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The halftime entertainment has hit new and familiar lows and there is a hope that it has bottomed out.

Reply #447698 | Report this post

Years ago

first the dog goes in family guy.

now the fruitchoc cant win a dance off.

what a week

Reply #447700 | Report this post

Years ago

is it a ploy by the healthy eating dancers ?

Reply #447701 | Report this post

Years ago

or advocates for fat guys in mankinis ?

Reply #447702 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

SACK THE FRUCHOC!!!!!!!!!!

At least whoever is in that costume can go about their business later knowing that very few (if any) of the crowd know who they really are...(though I have it absolutely on no authority it might be Boti trying to get a scoop).

"Wtf did I just read?" - ROFLMAO pure gold from PlaymakerMo

Reply #447703 | Report this post

Years ago

next thing we know the floor wipers will run onto the court quickly and get the sweat in the first swipe and the refs wont demand a second floor wipe.

Reply #447704 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I always knew 6'er fans were fickle, but this is a new low.

Last year Sponers, I could understand the frustration.

This year 8 - 2, unbeaten at home, wants to tear up season ticket due to lack of haf time flair.

Well done.

Reply #447706 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

There could be a half-time competition where the on-court announcer babbles into his microphone for a couple of minutes and anyone who can identify more than 5 words wins a prize!

(btw - MC, Thomo and Pure Silk - this is a tongue-in cheek comment. To everyone else, this is obvious)

Reply #447709 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Marcus, I don't think Chocolate Tears is seriously going to tear up their season ticket over a giant FruChoc with legs dancing worse than Peter Garrett ever has lol. Although......LOL

But he is right though, the half time "entertainment" needs to have more effort put into it that some clown trying to dance while literally looking like an oversized turd.....

Reply #447716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're seriously going to rip up your season ticket because you feel a fruchoc is not up to dancing standard?!?!?!?!?
Tell me again what the season ticket is for?

Reply #447717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're seriously going to believe this thread is on the level?!?!?!?!
Tell me again what your brain is for ?

Reply #447718 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I thought it was funny. Well done OP.

Reply #447721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is this thread!

Reply #447723 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

We all know Welby can't dance. Leave him alone.

Reply #447762 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Bring back the Running Man Dance Mr Fruchoc !!!!

How about grabbing the Bakers Delights dancing boys from the Lightning games last season (are they still around ?) and have a Dance off with them and Murray and Mr Fruchoc....

That would be hilarious !!!!

By the way, I reckon Murray has been having a nibble on Mr Fruchoc just quietly… Hows that belly… no wonder he can't do his famous back flips and hit shots any more……..

And while I'm on it, how come Murray doesn't mix it with the kids in the crowd anymore…. Oh again with the belly issue……… No programs for the kids and no fun and pics with Murray….. Fun Police !!!!

Maybe we need a weigh loss sponsor and Murray and Mr Fruchoc could do a biggest loser WEIGH off each home game… Yes there was a pun there !!!

Reply #447771 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

The overall break/entertainment times were a bit disturbing. Technology was an epic fail on kiss cam and dance cam ( both of which are cringeworthy anyway). The FruChoc is crap. The video before the game is boring and too long to play every match - we'd be better off going straight into 7 nation army before player announcements. I know that it's hard to plan something interesting for 5-10 minute breaks but surely there's something out there. Loving the games though and that's the main thing.

Reply #447777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754