skip
Years ago

36ers schedule in December

Interesting month coming up. We have four games. 2 v Cairns and 2 v Townsville. 3 are away and just the 1 at home.

Anyone think we could have a 2nd perfect month?

What would be a pass mark?

With 3 home games in January in the heart of the School Holidays, a good December could see some great crowds fill the Arena next month.

Topic #33257 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

If we are legit we shouldn't be dropping games to Townsville or Cairns but winning 2 games up north back to back is a big ask. 3 wins 1 loss is the pass mark but 4 wins should and will be the goal.

I have us down to win both against the crocs and split the cairns games, taking the home game but dropping the away game.

Reply #447869 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Cairns were good against Perth and I would hope they can get one of the Adl games, but will be tough if both Gibson and Ervin catch on fire.

Reply #447885 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Easy to underestimate the Tsv/Cairns teams on their home court, big travel loads and one-eyed venues. Cairns in particular will be desperate like few other teams have been to get the W.

Reply #447904 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Townsville were superb in Melbourne two weeks ago, if you get them on a good day they are a very tough team to beat. I agree 3-1 is a reasonable split on form to date, but the talent in this league is very even and if the 36ers dont come to play each night they could easily drop more than one game.

Reply #447905 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Particularly if you screw up your free throw shooting, as Perth nearly found out to their great dismay :P

Reply #447907 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

2-2 would be OK, anything less than that sup-par. 3-1 what we'd expect of a finals-bound team. 4-0 would be excellent.

Reply #447909 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

4-0 would be a very fine result indeed. A 2-2 or 1-3 split and you start inviting pressure from the chasing pack.

Reply #447911 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

TSV beat us preseason
CNS gotta guy that used to play here and Creek and Frye had good games

Reply #447918 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think they will likely go 3-1. Might drop one in Qld. That result would keep them comfortable in 2nd spot. Wildcats only have three December games, NZ home,NZ away and cairns away my tip 2-1.

Reply #447942 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

perfect world would be 4-0 but cairns have shown some good ticker or late and i wouldnt be suprised if we dropped one of those

to me 4-0 Awesome

3-1 would be a def pass mark for a top 2 team

2-2 not the end of the world

anything else and the pack catches up

Reply #447946 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754