Anonymous
Years ago

Tiny Pinder back in prison

FORMER Perth Wildcats player Kendal "Tiny" Pinder has been extradited from Sydney back to Perth on a return to prison warrant.

Officers from WA Police travelled to NSW on Tuesday to extradite Pinder for allegedly breaching parole conditions in the mid-1990s, when he was jailed over a series of sex assaults.

A spokeswoman for WA Police confirmed that the 57-year-old arrived in Perth today and is currently in custody.

It's understood he will not face court and will be returned straight to prison.

"A 57-year-old man has been extradited by Regional Operations Group officers for breach of parole dating back to 1995," a spokeswoman said.

"They travelled to Sydney on Tuesday and returned today on a return to prison warrant."

The former National Basketball League player was sentenced in 1992 to 18 months jail for a series of attempted sexual assaults involving a 16-year-old girl in WA.

In 1996, while still on parole, he was convicted of the sexual assault of a 15-year-old schoolgirl in Wollongong.

Pinder faced court again in NSW in 2001, where he was found not-guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman after picking her up off the street.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/kendal-tiny-pinder-extradited-back-to-wa-for-parole-breach/story-fnhocxo3-1226776456985

Topic #33290 | Report this topic

MANAGER  
Years ago

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/603047_10152454871210029_1429315960_n.jpg

Reply #448502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PIG.... just a real PIG!

Reply #448503 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Not a great advertisment for the game.....surely they should just deport him!

Reply #448505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, you break the law in the US as a forienger as such and they piss you off. Softest country for all things illegal in Aus.

Reply #448509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel sorry for his son over this.

Reply #448511 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Great player in his day, thats about it.

Reply #448515 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Not the way the Wildcats were hoping to get the front page of today's West Australian.

Reply #448523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't he dunk over Dante Exum ??

Reply #448545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oopss...Cecil

Reply #448547 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

As a friend of Tiny I feel for him, he has changed his life. he had known for about 12months that a WA police officer was fighting hard to have the enforced. (i wonder about this police officer)

well i guess Tiny has to do this time, but i have heard stories of girls waiting out front of the team hotel when he was playing in NSW and waiting for him trying to entice him.

he has a young family in sydney and he changed his life its just a shame this happened 17/18yrs ago and now his heading to Jail again for this act that almost happened a life time ago.

Reply #448564 | Report this post

Comeandsee  
Years ago

Yes Jason, what a travesty it is that he raped young girls and has to serve the time in prison.

Reply #448572 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Do the crime, do the time.
Surely the Australian Penal System has a demand for guys called "Tiny"

Reply #448573 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Why did it take 17 years for the WA police to enforce his parole breach?

Reply #448575 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

Comeandsee did you know the first person when he was charged in perth he picked up in a perth night club?
so she lied to get into the club and he was only charged after her parents found out she had slept with him.
as for the 15yr in wollongong well hey nothing i can say because i don't know the story behind that
I do believe he should have done time..... but in the 90's
for those who dont know what WA stands for, it stands for Wait Awhile... true in this case

Reply #448576 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He has a history of this with his first conviction in 1976 aged 20 back in the U.S

Reply #448577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason, the fact that you would try and defend this man is absolutely disgusting. Whether it happened last week, last year or 50 years ago is not the issue. Shame on him and shame on you for your disgraceful comments.

Reply #448581 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Oh good, this topic was just made for Anons.

Reply #448582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that is relevant how "Nathan of Perth"?

Reply #448585 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

At least man up and put your details up. Shame on me because I stand up for someone. I never said he shouldn't be punished. But your just trolling mate.

Reply #448601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Topic should be deleted. Too many anon experts that know nothing about what has transpired. In fact most of the kids posting weren't even born when some of these things might have happened.

Reply #448641 | Report this post

Jason  
Years ago

^^ I would agree! Until we delete anon people commenting and all people must submit there details choose the topic's carefully.
You have allowed people to slander someone with out knowing the details with zero knowledge of the name of the person throwing mud.

Reply #448658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too litigeous delete.

Reply #448660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Jason", where is the slander? The facts are in the original post. Can you read?

Reply #448661 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

I would prefer to remember him for the great player(pardon the pun) he was in the glory days of this league. He was always my favourite as a kid growing up. Wont forget his showmanship, tomahawk dunks and rainbow jumpers. Was devastated when he went to prison in 92 but he deserved it. Its a shame that its come back to haunt him now so long after restoring his life

Reply #448695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the girls he raped, wonder how they have gone rebuilding their lives. Perhaps the cop, is a father, a father who's daughter was raped. This topic should be deleted because its not basketball related enough for a bball forum.

Cant defend a rapist.

Reply #448701 | Report this post

Do you have daughter/s Jason. I am prepared to go out on a limb here and suggest you dont.

Reply #448762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how many of the posters here including those with "real names" knew or know of what exactly occurred then let alone now.

Reply #448777 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

@ Mystro - just wondering buddy what your memories of Tiny Pinder are?

Were you able to see his games in NZ and see him playing for the Wildcats or did you not get our NBL until Breakers came into the league?

Reply #449246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even people with a "name" are still anon this website holds no credibility its a forum with gossips lol.

Reply #449320 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Happy to be corrected on this but the 1st time he got into trouble was after picking up a girl in a nightclub who consented but was later to be proven to be under age. It was then that the trouble started. Parents and police pushed very hard for conviction. His defence was that she was in a nightclub so assumed she was 18+

As i said happy to be corrected if i am wrong

Reply #449321 | Report this post

lou  
Years ago

I have known tiny for a long long while, This is disgraceful,
But on the defence for tiny, there were so many girls that just wanted to hang off him...

The girls wanted him!!

Now there trying to make money off him...

Its not always the mand fault!!

Reply #540296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was a teacher soon after high school, lots of school girls wanted me but I didn't fuck any of them because I knew it was wrong.

Reply #540343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a cop out Lou

Reply #540349 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754