Isaac
Years ago

Melo's future in NY uncertain

r/NBA quoting Stephen A Smith:

Do you know what I've heard over the last 24 hours? Carmelo Anthony is gone. Ain't no way in hell he's staying here [in New York]. I'm hearing this is it. He's out.
Commenters follow by citing examples of SAS previously correctly calling trades and player movements.

So if it's true, when and where?

One mention was a straight trade for Blake Griffin.

Topic #33292 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

It's a tough decision to make:

1) Get rid of him and get something for him, rather than him walking in FA. Downside of this is that you inherit salary/acquire someone on the books

2) Wait until he walks in FA. Seems like a huge loss for the Knicks as they essentially get nothing for him. But the advantage is that you clear a huge amount of the cap and can then rebuild from scratch with cap space.

Reply #448558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can get the right player(s) in return, that you are wanting to take on, then trade him, but if its for players you dont want and you get stuck with the salary its better to let him walk, so for me it depends on what trade offers they can get for him as to what they should do.

Reply #448568 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

a gumboot would help an NBA team win more games than Melo, he's a black hole.

Reply #448570 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The last thing NY needs is another shitty contract. I would let Melo walk and if they could amnesty Stoudemire that would be great.

Reply #448580 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I remember at the start of this years playoffs when I said I'd take Paul George over Melo any day of the week and got laughed at for thinking that. Funny

Reply #448583 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If teams around the league believe that Melo really wants out, then its going to be tough to get value back. Personally, I'd be surprised if Melo went so far as to opt out of the $23mill option he has for next season, so if I were the Knicks I wouldn't hit the panic button for awhile yet.

They might get some interesting offers if they were willing to blow it up and take back picks/ expiring deals.

They aren't getting Blake Griffin for him though! Clippers have him under contract for several years at a much more reasonable price than Melo's $23mill per.

Reply #448607 | Report this post

ricey  
Years ago

Please move this tool ASAP. Hopefully a good role player who's young and defensively gifted along with picks that will be top 10. The sooner he is gone the better and Knicks have no amnesty left by the way

Reply #448753 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

^^^Spot on Ricey^^^!!!

Reply #448766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does melo take all the blame for the Knicks??? Amare's contract is worse than melo's. Felton is overweight and cannot defend that great either, but no one mentions them.

Reply #448771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754