Isaac
Years ago

NBA committee to consider future of divisions

NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver said competition committee will look at whether divisions have outlived usefulness.
Their purpose has been to boost divisional rivalries and also reduce travel issues. Should they stay or are conferences enough?

Topic #33316 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boston 10 12
Toronto 7 12
Philadelphia 7 14
Brooklyn 6 14
New York 5 14

This is the reason! Boston's recent run has made it look a lot better. One of these teams is guaranteed a 4th spot.

Reply #449128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NYK have 3rd worst record in the NBA, Brroklyn 5th worst, Philly 7th worst and Toronto 9th worst. Boston leading the division have the 18th best record in the league

Reply #449130 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

They should keep divisions and get rid of conferences. I read the other day (ht bill simmons) that if the playoffs started today and conferences were abloshed, only 2 east teams would even be in them. 2!

Reply #449143 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Abolished*

Reply #449144 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I would scrap the divisions but keep the conferences and have top 4 of each conference seeded and have the remaining 8 teams based on win/loss.

Reply #449148 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's currently 5 who'd be in there?

Boston were paying $40-50 to top Atlantic recently!

Reply #449149 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Only 3 teams in the east are over .500 so they're probably better off with top 16 overall.

Reply #449153 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah that article I was basing it off was a couple of days old but still. The east sucks and has sucked for over a decade.

Also how much better would the reg season be if Miami had to play hard every game and not just fall back on the fact that a 50 win season will get you that no. 2 seed.

Reply #449155 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

They shouldn't affect the conference standings. Keep them as a scheduling convenience but do away with the concept of division leaders and how that affects the top 8 in the conference.

Reply #449184 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

globalised world now. internet and technology has basketball at the forefront of the sports news cycle and information available with a few clicks.

conferences are dead. just select the best 16 teams.

Reply #449429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754