anony
Years ago

Early Christmas present for Flames U16 boys

Flames u16 Boys had an early christmas present thanks to the Schools champs (or did Centrals just get a load of coal)? Anyone else get a present?

Topic #33322 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

North u18 Boys?

Reply #449235 | Report this post

catness everdeen  
Years ago

explain your jibber jabber

Reply #449254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cryptic crap come on have some balls.

Reply #449283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd assume they are talking about teams that played and defeated much higher ranked teams, that (probably) had a lot of players away for school nationals.

Norwood 16 boys beat the previously undefeated Centrals, who I imagine have a lot of Trinity boys away.

Reply #449294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stage Dads...gotta love their shit talk

Reply #449300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals had 5 of their Trinity boys away at Schools.
Nothing special, and Centrals almost won with a bunch of div 2s and even a div 3 player playing.......

Reply #449336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bahahaha a great blast from the past. Surely he is not the coach?

Reply #449375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty much their starting five were out including their bigs. Next time they play Centrals have about 6 better players so would think Norwood will struggle to get close.

Reply #449445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So centrals had 2 bottom age kids who normally start on the bench, plus 1 of their guards form their normal team. then there were 3 div 2's and a div 3? and it was still close?? wow, would hate to see the lump of coal Norwood get when Centrals play them again with the starters.

Reply #449484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last two posts from the Centrals boys...how about just let your basketball do the talking next time you play them.

Reply #449557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha their basketball did do the talking cause they struggled to beat two bottom agers and bunch of div 2 and div 3 boys
Add top age guards and a couple 6' 4" guys (one the strongest in the league and the other the most athletic) plus another athletic long 6'3" guy and then the basketball will do the talking.

Reply #449585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's exactly my point...you're making yourselves sound stupid carrying on about it on a forum. Have some grace, accept it for what it is and move on. You're not doing yourself or your club any favours going on and on about it.

Ok, we get it, you had a bunch of guys missing. We don't care.

Reply #449590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that you A?

Reply #449591 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Perhaps we have a "round robin" over the Xmas break and have these Norwood and Centrals teams front up against Sturt and magic from Youth League Div2 Women?

That's how boring this topic is fellas.
Get your hand onto something other than the keyboard and wait until the "real" season commences in March

Reply #449592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals coach posting?

Reply #449605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet all you haters will be quiet when Centrals beat Sturt tonight. And Centrals won't even have a full team.

Reply #449617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have Centrals incorporated a press breaker drill into their curriculum yet? We don't need another Western Magic thread.

Reply #449620 | Report this post

green45  
Years ago

Going to burn the sturt stadium down!!!! (again)

Reply #449627 | Report this post

Years ago

u14 and u16 boys both be matches of the round

Reply #449635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals coach/players/parents - you would do well to slow down on the "woofing" you are doing on here as well as the excuses as to why you lost to Norwood. No-one really cares. All you are doing is getting people offside - then again, if true some of the former Norwood U/12 "Team of the Century" parents are now at Centrals I can see why this is a topic...

Reply #449647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah will be some games but it's only summer. I know both centrals teams won't be at full strength and Sturt maybe not either so it might not even be a true indication.
I'm sure there will be some good competitive junior basketball which is great.

Great to see that centrals are competing with the leading boys club in the state. Who would have thought it a few years ago. Good for the competition.

We shouldn't really get into the whole centrals are gonna win and haters type conversation instead let's promote this as a great game between what seems will be the top 2 teams in the state.

Good luck to all teams and go lions!

Reply #449648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok so who won?

Reply #449746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals won 14 boys comfortably and Sturt won 16 boys in a close one

Reply #449747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "comfortable" game was 8 points, the "close" game was 14 points.

Centrals will get both easily with their guys back.

Reply #449751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 8 point game was 20 in the last quarter when they played none of the starters and played their smalls/bench. Could of won by 30 if left them on. Lions controlled the game from the get go. Also centrals big played little minutes as injured and also missing another big and another player they'll have.

The 14 point game was close up until the end. Lead changed a bit and was a tight hard fought contest. Sturts two bigs just was two much for centrals one big. Centrals will have two more bigs who didn't play tonight.

Score line doesn't always reflect the game.

Reply #449753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry too much

Reply #449754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Former Centrals JDO Andrew Jantke is now at Sturt, which team does he coach?Was he coaching any of those teams?

Reply #449763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Janx coaches 18 2'S

Reply #449764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I bet all you haters will be quiet when Centrals beat Sturt tonight"

Oops.

Reply #449950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops wait until centrals have their two other bigs playing cause that was the difference. Also maybe some better refs too! The umpiring was totally pro sturt and once again shows why it's unfair to have grand finals at Pasadena each season.

Reply #450028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol great tactic. Blame the refs, the location, the weather, the ball not being pumped enough,personnel etc what a great example! I bet you're the excuses guy when you play. How about you just learn from the fact you lost and get better for next time.

Reply #450035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And understand BSA centrally roster refs. So it wouldn't matter where you play finals, the refs will be the same people.

Reply #450046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read above I said the bigs being out were the reason but you chose not to read properly.

And it's clearly not fair to the rest of the comp that finals as played at Pasadena even if the other team finishes higher.

Reply #450056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it not fair?

When the refs are centrally roster-ed and therefore may never have reffed at Pasadena before.

Reply #450057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do know that sturt were also missing a player that played SA Country state last year don't you ?

Reply #450059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bahahahahah bahahha bahahaha home court advantage in juniors bahahahaha

now we have the issue of umpiring out the way, indulge me. Was it the long flight from gawler to pasadena or the major crowd support sturt had at home that most disadvantaged them. Or maybe it was the poor air conditioning at the hotel they stayed at.

Comical.

Reply #450061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Australian Basketball

Reply #450069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how pathetic you look quibbling and squawking over your kids playing sport..
never got anywhere in your heyday..?
stop embarrasing yourselves please..its painful to see

Reply #450070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyway it was a good tight game between probably the two best teams in that group. Be good to watch again when both at full strength.

Great to see centrals being competitive with top boys club.

Reply #450094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I bet all you haters will be quiet when Centrals beat Sturt tonight *"

"wait until centrals have their two other bigs playing cause that was the difference. Also maybe some better refs too! The umpiring was totally pro sturt"

I must have missed the * after the first quote with all your excuses loaded up...
What a great example you are for Centrals, with your excuses, blame-game and poor sportsmanship. What a great example you are for the talented Centrals juniors with such a poor attitude!

Reply #450098 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

get a room guys and have a bitch-slap fight to determine who's kids are better..

Reply #450115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the best thread since the Schueller/Tas thread. Reading it is like bashing your head against the wall. You only do it because it feels good when you stop!

Reply #450120 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Kids' sport certainly brings out the best in people... not.

Reply #450121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 14s seem to be going really well & they have the best coach in the state. So perhaps Centrals should see if he will help out the 16s since they are on a 2 game losing streak?

Reply #450129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only stadium in sa where I consistently observe home cooking from the refs is at the starplex, been like it a few years now. I would suggest the refs aren't cheating you centrals at other venues they just aren't cheating for you and you don't like that.

The u16 Centrals boys are fine players its a shame that this group has a parent that feels the need to blame the umpiring every time they lose.
Just like last year.

Reply #450145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha yeah starplex is the only place that has home cooking. No worries.

There's poor reffing every where

Reply #450180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:07 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754