catness everdeen
Years ago

Highest team score in SA?

seeing that 177 makes me ask - what is the highest team score in district basketball ever ? I recall west women scoring 140 odd several years ago.

Topic #33331 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

177!! WOW! What game???

Reply #449382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that was only 3/4 time.

Reply #449389 | Report this post

catness everdeen  
Years ago

3/4 time - so 200 was definitely on the cards

Reply #449394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you must be so proud

Reply #449403 | Report this post

Warney44  
Years ago

Yes - saw that game.
Bravo to Sturt for maintaining a full court press for the whole match even when 100 pts up.
Ruthless coaching at its best (or worst)!!
Must be such a good feeling

Reply #449407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Western should not put teams in grades for which they are ill-equipped? This is not a social grade - not that a social club like Magic would understand.

Reply #449471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not that a self important Club like Sturt would understand sportsmanship

Reply #449474 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That game may have been a perfect storm.

It looks like Western had 5 players to start with, so I presume the 3 qtr time end was when they were down to 3 players or something like that? Looks like their squad is only 6 girls, there is a case to say they really need to have at least 8 players to support that team.

There is also a case to say "let's work together and grow competitions" With only 2 divs in women's youth league, teams like this one will struggle against the teams that are at the top end of that div, wheres a div 3 comp is where they should be.

With the average score in games played being 17:122 and with 3 forfeits, I suspect the team needs to get some more experienced players in there to boost their squad in the first instance to stop the forfeits and to secondly give the team some depth.

Reply #449475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or the sturt coach shouldnt have been a meat head

have heard from someone who witnessed the game it was disgracefull behaviour from him

Reply #449485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no players from magic fouled off

Reply #449490 | Report this post

catness everdeen  
Years ago

why is it the winning coaches fault at large win occurred ?

Reply #449492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

catness you the coach?

Reply #449493 | Report this post

catness everdeen  
Years ago

see the other team has 8 names listed

Reply #449500 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

To get back to the original question... has there been a higher score in a 'fully-timed' 40 minute game in SA?

Reply #449573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a slightly different view. What half respectable club allows for their members to be put in this position.

What about the winning team. They pay good money to actually turn up and play the game. Having an opposition club presenting this team ( nothing against the players )is unacceptable. Play them in a different competition even if it is social basketball to allow them to develop.

Shame Magic Shame!!!!

Reply #449604 | Report this post

a  
Years ago

Reply #450146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754