Quiet one
Years ago

Sunday Mail write up

Did anyone see the write up in today's paper on pg 72? Didnt know that Jenni Screen played for Sturt or that Sturt were blue and yellow, or that Forestville were white and red?! If we are going to get write ups in the paper, can we (the basketball community) at least be given the decency by getting teams, who plays for them and photos of the current weekly games right?
And no it wasn't a Nagy write up, it was written by Daniel Lato.

Topic #3335 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

with Boti being on leave the quality of articles have really gone down hill in my opinion its inportant we continue to get write ups in the paper ... but when the quality is that poor it just makes basketball in South Australia look like a joke ....

Reply #38438 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

Let's just hope that Daniel didn't write the photo comments. If he did, what is he doing filling in for Boti. A trained monkey can pick colours!

Reply #38439 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I was reading this article this afternoon and thought to myself, what the? Daniel Lato obviously does not follow the basketball and can't tell one team from another. Where he got that information is beyond me and the fact that he published it under his name makes me wonder what sort of checks he did on it. Its a real insult to the basketball people in the know who are offended that rubbish like that is published. There was nothing accurate about that article, Jenni Screen does not play for Sturt, and there were no Sturt players in the photo. It was a photo of Jenni in Forestville uniform and North Adelaide Rockets players surrounding her, which means it wasn't even a current photo of yesterday's games. It's time for Daniel to take a holiday and hand the job back to someone in the know. I wonder if Boti saw it and what he may think.

Reply #38454 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

one word on that = HIDEOUS

Gimme a Job Sunday Mail!

Reply #38459 | Report this post

realist  
Years ago

The article is a complete disgrace, obviously written by someone with absolutely no idea on the subject. It is an insult to the SA basketball community. I hope the bball association will send a strong protest to the rag to ensure we get an accurate reporting in the future.

Reply #38460 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I don't know about being an 'insult' to the basketball community, but it's definitely apalling that inaccurate, unchecked articles such as this are passed off as journalism. I've never liked the Sunday Mail belieiving it to be a poor excuse for a newspaper and this just vindicates my feelings.

Reply #38515 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Yes the article was a disgrace, as was the caption on the photo, but obviously the paper did not have a photographer at the Sturt v Forestville game and so just pulled a file pic, there is nothing wrong with that, however, the article was way off, I had a good laugh when I read it.

Reply #38517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, to all those that want Boti out, perhaps this is what you'd get in his place? Ouch.

Reply #38526 | Report this post

WHATTHE  
Years ago

The problem with Adelaide is we are a one man paper town with second rate journalists.

Reply #38533 | Report this post

Joblow  
Years ago

You are lucky to get any write up, incorrect or not. Our local Messenger used to give a write up on the game, even though it was pro South, now there is zero coverage!!

Reply #38616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754