Parky
Years ago

Time to ask for better venues

After 9 years of local Labor government and before the next state election I think it's time for the SA basketball community to ask the current opposition can you do a better job of working with local councils to build new and appropriate venues for our sport.
Dandenong stadium is owned by the council and the club pays 1$ rent per year. Knox has a brand new 8 court venue and keeps Boronia stadium.

Topic #33365 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually it's a 6 court venue. But your point is valid.

Reply #450148 | Report this post

catching fire  
Years ago

we getting new campbelltown lesuire centre for norwood

Reply #450149 | Report this post

Parky  
Years ago

Is that what Tony was doing at Norwood training during the election.

Reply #450151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dandenong pay more than $1p.a. to the City of Greater Dandenong for rent. Not quite sure where you heard that from but it is definitely not correct.

Reply #450152 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Yes we need better venues, they are years away, In the short term BSA should team up with some of the schools/colleges that have great courts and they are empty on a Friday night.

Reply #450168 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

I think Marion Council(with South Adelaide) are on the move for a 4-court venue (hopefully the Fed gov does not change this...)

Reply #450172 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I was wondering if Brett Maher Court could ever grow to be a larger venue but this thread is about juniors isn't it?

Reply #450174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the latest Oz Lotto winner and make a contribution if they are wondering what to do with the cash.

Reply #450221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754