Anonymous
Years ago

BSA deal to use Spalding balls?

I heard that BA has done a deal with Spalding to use their balls in competition. BSA is introducing them for ABL this year and will be used in winter season for District

TF 1000 for ABL and TF 500 for district. Nice timing for the announcement - I wonder how many Molten BBalls are already wrapped up for Christmas. Their is a real difference to the feel and characteristics of the balls and kids will need to start practicing with them ASAP in my opinion. More unnecessary costs for parents and clubs! I didn't like the TF 1000 much before and I can't imagine what the TF 500s are like

Topic #33383 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously crap ball!

Reply #450420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its round and still fits through the hoop.You just have to be good enough to throw it to the right spot. Lets face it most of us learned the basis with that perished rubber bunnigs ball with a bulge in it on the busted back yard hoop. Its all about fashion when kids worry about what pattern is on the ball. If its not going in after 15 min. of practice with your new ball , don't look at the ball.

Reply #450421 | Report this post

pandora  
Years ago

does andrew gaze have a connection with spalding?

Reply #450425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's fantastic that BSA are providing TF-1000s to the CABL teams but I don't think it's unreasonable to be disappointed that they are not also providing a number of TF-500s to the Clubs too. After all the Juniors are the money makers of District Basketball for BSA!

Reply #450438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls will be supplied for all junior games for the next twelve months.

Reply #450439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes for games but what about practices. Play with one and train with another. And the TF 500 is bad!!

Reply #450448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And go to classics and play with moltens.

Reply #450465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only Spalding used at nationals. Has been for a number of years.

Reply #450499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not familiar with the 500 but always have loved the 1000. Better than Moltens IMO that's for sure

Reply #450508 | Report this post

exp  
Years ago

Omg, cant believe what im reading, well from some. Ball is round, it bounces, n if your skilled enough end of story. If u r making excuses bout a ball u will never make it.

Reply #450551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

exp,

Then based on your logic lets play ABL with TF250's - still round and still bounces!!

Reply #450556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top end sports gear is designed to get another 1% out of elite athletes. The rest of us only use it because we can.

Reply #450562 | Report this post

exp  
Years ago

Anon tf250 response.....why not its indoor n outdoor if u want to be a smart being bout this.....i ll make it simpler for u, here is an example, in the 90s when bball was popular n every kid had a ball in there hands, players would play a lot on play grounds courts or schools with size 3 balls n then go play district ball. It made absolutely no difference cause if u had the fundamentals down n some skill u could play on any surface, with any ball, anytime....n if u cant go practice cause your tight leggings that keep your legs warm n fancy ball are not going to do it for u.

Reply #450572 | Report this post

ariel42  
Years ago

exp, we are all a little dumber for having read your post above. I am gobsmacked that you actually believe that.

Never played the game then?

Reply #450576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exp. let's go play basketball with tennis balls then. Are you serious!?

Reply #450580 | Report this post

exp  
Years ago

I dont belive i lived it. Here is a modern day one. We change up games now with leather n white or red n white moltens, both have very different feels, with red n white seeming a lot lighter. No one complains they just get on with it n with either ball the standard of play doesnt change. And for tennis balls, they r actually used to assist players with dribbling techniques. Next...

Reply #450600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really changing things up at Magic eh exp?

Reply #450703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754