Anonymous
Years ago

No Brisbane team for 2014/2015?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/too-early-to-call-yet-for-adelaide-36ers-cameo-in-northen-territory-and-tasmania/story-fnii09ki-1226787234388

The last paragraph of the article suggests not.

That really sux

Topic #33388 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

No it doesn't suck.

I would want the announcement and ownership group solidified at least a full season ahead of their on-court debut. That would allow no only the business side to get their house in order but would allow a proper marketing campaign to be implemented.

NBL always rushes things, and it always blows up in their stupid faces.

Reply #450453 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I don't think I can follow the NBL anymore. I have been waiting for so long for there to be a NBL team in Brisbane and every year we always hear the same stuff, Brisbane a chance for expansion etc. But every year this happens. I can't keep following teams that don't mean that much to me. I really hope there is news soon for expansion or at least the bullets get announced for 2015/16. This is just another kick in the guts for me, a fan who wants some NBL in their home city. I was actually getting excited about the Bullets coming next year but apparently this won't happen. Hope their is a Beisbane team soon or it will be over 5 years since Briabane has had it's own team. If anyone has any good information please share it below, thanks.

Reply #450478 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Either way, just give us official confirmation or at least a progress report.

Reply #450479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Natwhereyouat said that the NBL would definitely bring in Brisbane next season?

Reply #450484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought sitiveni said that ... LOL never mind

Reply #450509 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'm a Seattle Supersonics fan and I definitely understand you getting shitty at cheering on teams you couldn't care less about so that's why I don't care much about the NBA...

So definitely think we have fucked around with fans emotions enough... I know there's learned people on here but I really feel for those North/south east Melbourne, Hobart, Newcastle, (Geelong to an extent) Gold Coast, Canberra and Brisbane fans that regardless of what's happening in their lives they just want to take their friends and families along to a basketball game against national competition and scream their hearts out like what the majority of posters on this this have the luxury of being able to do!

Reply #450520 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Going back to sitiveni, you just can't take the guy at his word. He can't spell or string a sentence together properly yet we're believing his shit about being a rich and highly sought after traveling businessman and politician. His mannerisms on this forum have made me think that he's actually just a punk kid with nothing better to do than create an elaborate persona for the lols.

I am taking every news report and 'update' with a grain of salt until there is an actual official press release or statement. And Proud, believe me, I feel your pain but the whole thing needs to be done properly in order to be sustainable.

Reply #450526 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Natwhereyouat, a reliable source, can you please shed light on this matter....

Reply #450535 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I'm hearing 2015/16 along with a second Melbourne team.

Reply #450538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could it be a Magic or Dragons return?

Reply #450539 | Report this post

anchorman  
Years ago

Natwhereyouat doesn't know what he's talking about.

Reply #450542 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Lol I'm a Wildcats member and whilst I love what I get, can't help but feel greedy and want some more variety...and knowing those (re)introduced teams have their fan base able to see my team and others... Like I said there are others on this site who are more learned than ill ever be... I'm just a bloke that loves his basketball and has 2 season tickets so I can take a friend along and if we have allowed Singapore and NZ into our league then I'll happily cheer on their bid.

Reply #450558 | Report this post

terry u  
Years ago

Enjoy your wildcats when they desert the fans and play in china.

Reply #450570 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

poor attempt at trolling terry u. try again loser

Reply #450575 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Any news anyone?????

Reply #450718 | Report this post

terry u  
Years ago

So when I am right make sure you let us all know you wrre wrong.

Reply #450742 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754