Happy Days
Years ago

Merry Xmas to all Hoopsters

Wishing all forum correspondants a very Merry Xmas and a safe and proposperous New Year. I'm sure we will have lots to discuss in 2015 :)

Topic #33406 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

2014 you mean

Reply #450702 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well just think by 2015, we will have EVEN more to talk about! Merry Xmas and happy Hanukah!

Reply #450708 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For those of you you slept through 2014, the highlights were:

* Jay Weatherall beat Steven Marshall in the SA State election after promising lucrative public servant jobs to Holden's workers. They couldn't believe they could find somewhere with even better conditions.
* The Holden's site was sold to the bikies and now they operate it as a private run jail. Crime in the north evaporated overnight.
* PM Tony Abbott was beheaded by islamic fundamentalists during a tour of a detention centre.
* Shortly after becoming PM, Christopher Pyne was kidnapped by Somali pirates. After someone "forgot" to pay the ransom by the due time, he was posted back to Australia bit by bit.
* ASIO revealed it was also spying on the Italian PM and released the video tapes making a tidy profit.
* Lasseters Reef was located.
* Apple announced the iPhone 6
* China announced it was colonising the moon
* New Zealand decided to become the 7th state of Australia after PM Abbott cut welfare payments to non-Australian passport holders to save money.
* Indonesian fishing boats stopped coming to Australia.
* Indonesia released West Papua back to PNG
* Gay marriage was legislated for after Clive Palmer got the balance of power.
* Port Power beat the Crows in the AFL Grand Final
* The Redbacks played the Shield final at Glenelg oval beating Victoria by an innings and 250 runs.
* The Adelaide 36ers beat Perth 2-0 to take out the 2013/14 NBL Championship.

Reply #450723 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Who else is looking forward to 2014?? Thanks Jack!

Reply #450724 | Report this post

fill smythe  
Years ago

And the literary award goes to Jack Toft!!!!!!!

Reply #450733 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

And the numerical award goes to me for stuffing up the date...

Reply #450734 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

Merry Christmas and a ballin new year to come!

Reply #450740 | Report this post

SMA  
Years ago

Did Abbott cut welfare to NZ before he was beheaded or was his head cryogenically frozen transplanted onto Bronwyn Bishops body? ;)

And will the Breakers have to change their name to the New Australian Breakers?

Reply #450744 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Merry Christmas to the Australian hoops community!

Reply #450745 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all for 2014 and 2015

It's been fun this year!

@ Jack, loved the idea of West Papua given back to PNG, but is it wrong that I got excited by the whole Somali pirates thing?

... All I want for Christmas is NBL Pty. Ltd. to be advertising our great league.... This site is better advertising than what we see.

Anyone else have Christmas desires or New Years Resolution {mine is to actually be in attendance as Damo holds up that beautiful shiny trophy next year (probably defensive player of the year but hopefully A championship)}

Reply #450747 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Jack are you a time traveller?

Reply #450753 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

@Proud, no, it's not wrong

@Lance, not since the Deloren, but I am careful around butterflies

Reply #450757 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Enjoy the festivities guys and gals, have a safe one and catch you all for a special 2014...

@Jack Toft, loved some of the speculation mate, also remember both Port and the Crows now have ex Geelong coaches, so you never know...

Reply #450761 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

Thanks Jack for continuing your input thru 2013, and Merry Christmas to all. I am in London (and therefore a day late), but working hard at my beer analysis....
Oh, and here they say Happy Christmas, instead of MERRY. Are they missing something here?

Reply #450777 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:20 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754