Isaac
Years ago

Rees to sign? Maher receives other offers

Saw a few basketball mentions in The Sunday Mail yesterday. Article on Luke Schenscher with some quotes from his dad about his chances. Confirmed that Luke would look at Europe if an NBA opportunity didn't present itself.

There was a brief spot about Brett Maher looking to sign with the Sixers, but mentioned that he'd had solid offers from other NBL clubs, including Townsville.

Also had something about Paul Rees being announced as a signing this week, so we'll see if that comes through. Said something about him being farewelled by the club (see the article on the club's site from a while back) despite the coaches still having an interest in him.

Topic #3342 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Although I'd be devastated, I would not begrudge Brett a chance for some stability and better pay-packet. He has been an absolute icon for the 6'ers.

Reply #38542 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's an issue of more money vs maintaining his reputation, and he's sided with his reputation.

Reply #38543 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Any word on the development Postions Gerlach Watson Hambour ???/

Reply #38573 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Although signing Rees is probably a smart move it is only a stop gap solution. What about next year when we go through the 'no big man' drama again?
We need to pick up a young C and bring him up

Reply #38575 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

couldnt agree more but who ???

Reply #38579 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only chance this year was to leave more money to fill that position with someone promising. More money and they could've got a Truslove who I think is better than Rees now, and obviously has years still to play at that level. With minimum money they can't lure someone from interstate and there's no one locally who's an option.

You'd have to assume they'll keep money aside next year to try and bring someone in. Hopefully someone like Bungy can be brought into the development squad in the meantime to see if he could be of use -- good height, not too scrawny, just needs to watch his attitude and fouls and he could possibly get there. This year with the available money, I think Rees is the only realistic option.

Reply #38582 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

let me guess "truth" Jye?

Reply #38583 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

haha Just asking the question Lloyd .... i gusse there is no word ?

Reply #38584 | Report this post

The Neer  
Years ago

Bungey and young Jordan Dodman should be added to the devolopment squad. Both are excellent big young kids and we dont want to lose Jordan to football. They had a piece on him on the SA footy show yesterday.

Reply #39193 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754