Anonymous
Years ago

Do Senior div3 and below teams train

Hey guys I was just wondering if senior teams div 3 and below usually train (and if so how many times a week)as there is no info about this on various teams pages.

Topic #33427 | Report this topic

Yes. At least once a week

Reply #451132 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

In SA? Yes some twice a week. Most once a week, some not at all (more so teams who have played together for years).

Reply #451133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will vary from club to club, some clubs/teams train once maybe twice a week, whilst other clubs/teams don't train at all. It will also vary on the players/clubs skill levels as too how many, if any, times they train.

Are you looking for a district club to play for? What is your skill level and what is your previous experience?

Some clubs also offer district teams with a more ''social" edge ie team is in lower grade and does train.

From memory south have a number of lower grade district teams along with woodville.

Reply #451134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Anon - Yes I am looking for a district club to play for, I have previously played div 3 youth league. I am interested in playing in a team that trains and has a focus of player development and not just training for the heck of it(ie a social team is the opposite of what I am looking for
).

Reply #451139 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

You are not going to develop as a player based on trainings with a div 3 men's and below team as the coaching standard at this level is poor.

My recommendation is find a team you will fit, enjoy and contribute towards at a club with low fees (this may mean no trainings). Then with the money you have saved on fees use that towards small group work with a highly accredential coach who offers indis, small group work. You will develop a lot faster with good individual coaching.

Reply #451150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I played in a Div 3 men's team with some mates one season, we trained once a week, had a few beers afterwards, caught up for golf and a BBQ at least once a fortnight, had a few beers after every game, before some of them and generally had a great time of it.

Even won a few games and played in finals!

Reply #451153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #454843 | Report this post

bikini girls  
Years ago

i like basketball because you can run fast

Reply #454852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754