Justin
Years ago

Saturday nights 36ers-Breakers crowd

Having a look at proticket and it looks like we could be in for the biggest crowd of the season. There is only single seats available for the gold North and South sections. And even the East section says only 3 consecutive seats available. I'm thinking a crowd of about 6500.

Topic #33429 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which team?

Reply #451157 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's only in the matchbox but there are only nine single seats showing as available for Melbourne v Cairns on Sunday!

Reply #451159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought I read somewhere that the Tigers will be playing some home games at Margaret Court Arena this season?

Reply #451160 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Their last four games are at Hisense this season, but next year theyre moving to Margarent Court for most of their home games I believe. I think it's going to sit about 7500 which will be perfect. Ive often been at the tennis and thought it would be great to watch basketball in there so really looking forward to it.

Reply #451162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How far away is Hisense and MCA from Melbourne's CBD?

Reply #451163 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

10 minute walk.

Reply #451164 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am sure Justin means 36ers? .. Looks like 2 good crowds after the break..

Reply #451171 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Yea I mean the sixers

Reply #451172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Melbourne Tigers will move into Margaret Court Arena in 2015 after the Australian Open tennis has finished. By then the former outdoor show court one will have a retractable roof and will indeed have a capacity of 7,500 - an increase of 1,500. The Tigers will at that time abandon playing games at Hisense Arena, but will still play 3 or 4 games per season at the SN&HC when the tennis is being played (the Melbourne Vixens netball team will also abandon Hisense for the new MCA). Personally I think its a smart decision by both the Tigers and the Vixens.

As for the 36ers crowd tomorrow night, I hope its in the region of 6.5-7k.

Reply #451253 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why would they not just play on the road during the tennis, as the Wildcats do with Perth Arena?

Reply #451256 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754