Isaac
Years ago

Carfino: 36ERS Early Playoff Exit

The NBL site has Steve Carfino's preview of Adelaide up here.

The 36ers are not a bad team but I don't think that they'll get any better either. I can see them making the playoffs, but making an early exit.

The 36ers play a free-flowing game, which allows them to score a lot of points. With the same line-up coming back, they will continue to do that. The question mark for me is whether they have enough strength to win a championship.

... they lack consistent interior strength, as far as scoring. They don't really seem to have signed anybody that will make that roster change. As with last season, size will continue to be an issue.
Players mentioned are Maher, Farley, Holmes and Forman.

Topic #3343 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

he makes some good points ... i think nash has shown enough that says he could make an impact this season ... and if hill continues his development .... but yet again the same problem will stop us winning the championship ... No quality big man ... why we let players like bradke slip through our fingers .... A solid young center with some height needs to be signed and we need to develop him through our system ... so we dont have anthor paul rogers who dosent fit in with our style of play .... i cant see the sixers winning the championship this season maybe it could be a good year to give some younger players more responsiblity ?

Reply #38581 | Report this post

Kingman  
Years ago

Steve's on the money the 6ers needed to sign a big man instead of Farley and hunt around for an Australian guard to go with Brett but thats all in the past now. Good luck Adelaide I hope Willy brings you what you want because without an inside presence he better be entertaining to keep the crowd turning up.

Reply #38684 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Dusty is adequate at the 4 and Coops can get blocks and boards? I don't think we need to spen big bucks on a C.
Our strengths are perimeter shooting and slashing to the hoop not post up half court game

Reply #38719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

biggest surprise is that he has us making the playoffs

Reply #38762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754