Rashad- Perth
Years ago

Hawks vs Wildcats, Jan 4

Last time they met: Perth 89 d Wollongong 76.

1st vs 8th, which i don't think matters too much, Wollongong are hungry for a W, should be a close one being at the sandpit. Who you got?

Topic #33435 | Report this topic

Rashad- Perth  
Years ago

For me, Perth by 7

Reply #451299 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Perth on the rebound, literally. Hawks have a pretty good record against the Cats in the Gong the past few years though so should be interesting.

Reply #451300 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perth by 4, I don't say that with alot of confidence though with any team able to win on their homecourt.

Reply #451326 | Report this post

Rashad- Perth  
Years ago

^ ^ agree with you steven

Reply #451335 | Report this post

blazerman  
Years ago

Matt Knight has been ruled out of tonight's game.

Reply #451355 | Report this post

Manut Bol  
Years ago

Danger game for the cats this one. Were still in holiday mode up in cairns and now without knight its going to be even tougher. If they lose this then top spot is under threat.
Im tipping the cats to bounce back though it will be very close. Wildcats by 3

Reply #451368 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Hawks could cause us some problems inside with Jervis our only genuine big now. Could be an interesting tussle. Cats looked average against the Taipans. After a well deserved break it might take them a while to recapture the pre-Xmas groove.

Alternatively Cairns might have got 'em angry and they smash the Hawks. Who the hell really knows.

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Reply #451371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks win 96-91 in OT.

Reply #451390 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Great game of basketball, but in the end the Christmas hangover continues for the Cats.

Reply #451391 | Report this post

peter ward  
Years ago

As usual, Wildcats coaching was atrocious. The real gem was Burdon coming into the game with 12 sec to go and the game on the line. Another masterstroke by Gleason!!!

Reply #451397 | Report this post

peter ward  
Years ago

As usual, Wildcats coaching was atrocious. The real gem was Burdon coming into the game with 12 sec to go and the game on the line. Another masterstroke by Gleason!!!

Reply #451398 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Have the rules changed? Ennis is a target! In the nba it's a bit differnt? Half way 11 and 3 i would be happy.

Reply #451399 | Report this post

peter ward  
Years ago

How did you like Rhys Martin's flop in the last quarter? He was in real agony for quite a while but then miraculously recovered after Beal got called for an offensive foul.

Reply #451400 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Welp.

That round was a calamity.

I've held the view throughout the season that every home team is a chance against any opponent, and we're clearly not clicking yet after the bye (like the previous bye), and Cairns has long been a serious problem for any team in Cairns and Gordie will have any team in trouble with his trickery...

But that was a calamity. Title ambition denting calamity.

Reply #451403 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@peter ward, yah to be top of the table takes some atrocious coaching. Lol.

Reply #451404 | Report this post

blazerman  
Years ago

Wollongong looked sharp and played great team ball. Nice win for them after playing well lately.

Reply #451407 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Good win for the Hawks. They've been playing well recently, despite not winning. This time they managed to finish it off for what seemed like a well deserved win (i didn't see the game and refuse to get nbl.tv)

What I would like to know however, is where have all the Hawks supporters gone?? I get that they are a "battler club" that bravely overachieves each season, and the community loves them, but they need to get bums on seats, or there won't be a Wollongong Hawks in the future. All their home games except for their season opener have had less than 2,700. Thats a shambles!

Reply #451413 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Awesome game! Could watch that every night of the week. Well reffed too, kept it clean. Clarke is unbelievable, Tiggs unconvetional but effective and Davidson so clever. Wagstaff really playing some good ball this year, has added poise to his game.

Reply #451430 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Last night was 2,000 but I suspected it was less than 2,000

Reply #451446 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

2134 officially but like all NBL games that includes a lot of tickets "sold" but empty seats.

Reply #451453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a great game, the hawks when it all clicks can be a very good team. But so reliant on Clark. I say if the hawks make the finals Clark should be MVP . All other teams have a player they can go to other then a MVP front runner but hawks have no one . So by definition he will be the most valuable player for any team in the league.

Reply #451454 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If you're a betting person, drop some money on Clark for MVP. Certainly a wildcard

Reply #451455 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

The Cats are singlehandedly making this one of the closest seasons.

Were 3 games clear.

Where is their defence the last 2 games?

If it wasn't for Wagstaff rediscovering his touch it would have been quite embarassing.

Some credit to Gordie though for the last Tiggs play.

Reply #451497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarke was still paying $17 for MVP last I checked. Little competition, top 2-3 in scoring, and they in touch with the four. Would've secured fourth if they'd hold on in the Melbourne games.

Reply #451558 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Isaac, like to look at the DT points per player and team. For Wollongong the average DT points per game are: Clarke 33.0; Tiggs 27.8, Forman 24.4, Gruber 23.4, Davidson 21.6, Martin 16.6, Coenraad 15.9, Demos 14. Team 171.

Goulding is right up there, averaging 38.8 DT and has had 3 games over 60 DT points. Not sure who is leading the pack.

Not 100% sure on the voting system, but sometimes having too many talented teammates can steal MVP points away and that may work in Clarke's favour

Reply #451573 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

The defence going is a good sign of a team unfocused. The team has not come back from the break in anything like an appropriate mind-set and if they don't snap out of it soon it will cost dearly. This year more than ever, HCA will decide the title.

Reply #451625 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth slow start after the break might be easy to explain - heard that imports went home to the US to see family over xmas and others might've taken a holiday in Bali?

Reply #451679 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

The imports definitely went home. I believe the others more or less relaxed over Christmas. Which may be a long-term good but hard not to point at these two losses and say that it has caused a lot of short-term pain.

Reply #451680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754