Game 5 Results - Spurs v Pistons

Topic #3344 | Report this topic

Looks like I didn't type anything in. Anyway:

What a game! I only saw the last 30 seconds, in which Manu had a chance to win it, but missed a tough layup with 3 seconds left. Duncan had a relatively simple put-in, but missed it. Overtime! Pistons went up by 4 early on, but a nice Parker layup made it 2. Then, with about 10 seconds left, Spurs had the ball, Manu gets it, passes to none other than Horry on the 3 point line, who nails the sucka, Spurs by 1. 6 seconds left, Hamilton gets it, and shoots over Parker, some excellent D by Parker makes the shot miss, end of game. Spurs 3-2.

Reply #38552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rasheed choked down the stretch.

Almost called a "Webber" time-out with none remaining....
Then for some stupid reason left Mr Cluth Robert Horry to double Ginobli deep in the corner???

Pistons had that game... If the spurs go on to win it all, they should each buy Horry a new car for saving them.

Reply #38555 | Report this post

I was wondering abuot that. Rasheed was guarding the inbounds, and then he went down to the baseline! I was thinking wtf are you doing, you're leaving Horry open? and looked what happened : )

Reply #38557 | Report this post

Undersized pf  
Years ago

The last play of the game belonged to Bruce Bowen. San antonio couldnt stop billups and his heavy denile of the ball saved the game. Forced rip to take the shot when billups was unstoppable

Reply #38558 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

What a game!!!
Robert Horry you bloody legend you've done it again!

Spurs in 7, its gotta go to 7!

Reply #38578 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anyone know what time the replay is on Fox ?? 6.30pm ?
thanks

Reply #38593 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

Great defence in the last 5.8 seconds. Bowen for some heavy denial to stop Billups getting the ball forcing the pass to go to Rip. Rip unable to get a good shot off on Parker! Parker did great D. Rip smacked Parker in the face with his elbow (second time I might add) and wanted Parker to get the foul (well it worked earlier in the game).

And how's the gutsy call by Pop to put Parker on Rip and Bowen on Billups down the stretch. Rip didn't know what to do and Billups was forced into some tough shots - they would have called the foul at any other time of the game though.

Then the finish by Big Shot.

What more can I say - great game!

Reply #38674 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754