kason jidd
Years ago

Delly gets 41 mins and Bogut has a ferocious dunk

Today was a good day.

Bogut with the ferocious slam. The man is in form he has been killing it.

Also Delly has been given huge minutes. Shows the trust they have in him...

Topic #33447 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hardly ferocious!

Reply #451586 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Kyrie still out with knee and JJack out late with backspaz. Delly played good hustle, at times on PGeorge.

Dell plays well with Dion.

Reply #451596 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I'd say more of note is that Bogut got a nice double double. If he could post those numbers more consistently (well, points, his rebounds are already good) then GSW would be a bit more solid.

I didn't see the game but apparently the Cavs had a chance to get a shot up for the tie but had trouble inbounding the ball, Delly had trouble inbounding the ball, finally got it to Clark who apparently didn't expect it and had his foot out of bounds...

Still, the fact he was out there for 41 minutes must show that Brown liked what he was doing...

Reply #451597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly made headlines yesterday ;)

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/04/deron-williams-gets-the-and-1-to-go-after-crossing-up-cavs-dellavedova-video/

Reply #451601 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Deron's move really wasn't that great for a $90 million dollar player. And it wasnt a foul.
Hopefully jack and kyrie are out for another couple of games, Delly is really doing a great job for an undrafted rookie.

Reply #451612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly got pwned on that one for sure, but overall he's still doing superbly.

Reply #451614 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Hey, everyone gets owned for a few moves in the NBA such is the standard of the league

Reply #451619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly.
Even Jordan got owned, and not just when he was barely into his rookie season.

I'm super-proud of the way Delly is progressing.

Reply #451630 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Deron is overrated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hfuWnPoVy8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgnPtAVimC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UoBX_oTBm4

Reply #451638 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Had to crossover 5 times to get him, most NBA defenders are gone after 2. I think Delly did well, and couldn't see the foul there at the end of it.

Reply #451639 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Bogut appears to have almost no role in the GSW offence, or at least not early in the offence. I think once the coaches have a faith in him staying healthy they'll rely in him on offence to do more than set screens.

Reply #451643 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Curtley, they already have started going to him more.

Reply #451648 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Huge flop by d wIll, just unlucky by delly. Too bad the Dwill days are done.. however the delly days have just begun :)

Reply #451650 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yeah its a shame that its like that Curtley.. I think todays 15 point game is about the highest for him this season. He is a guy with A LOT of offensive tools and he could be a 20 and 10 center in the league but hes always been either battling injury, or in his case now.. simply not needed or utilised on offence. He is really holding down the paint though, has to be a league leader in blocks at the moment.

As for Delly, he is going from strength to strength. His perceived pre=season weakness on defence hasn't come to pass. He is not being exposed... and he is not being "Shut down"... He picks his spots extremely well, fits into the team seamlessly and is probably the only player on the Cleveland Roster who is consistantly willing to make the extra pass and do the things that don't show up on the scoresheet. It angers me sometimes to see him open out on the three.. and some Halfwit (usually Kyrie Irving) decides to go 1 on 5 and take it to the hole only to lose the ball... Or instead passes to someone who is double teamed rather then get the ball to an open Delly. The more I watch Delly, how he seems to ALWAYS make the best of his time on court.. I think we are looking at a long term NBA player. I think he could average 20 mins per game, about 10 points 4 assists as an average during his career... plus be a fan favourite for hussle and IQ. Delly is the "Anti-Kyrie".. He has everything Kyrie lacks and lacks everything Kyrie has in my opinion.

Reply #451653 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

As I said, they have already started to involve Bogut more in the offense. The 15 points wasn't a fluke, Jackson has said recently that Bogut needs more touches.

On Delly, his best work is done with the ball (obviously), so the day he gets some sort of reins, he'll make a lot more headlines.

Reply #451654 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Delly's shot clock beater from yesterday's game:

Reply #451656 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Re: Williams crossing up Delly, considering he's a veteran, former all star and is paid millions each season you'd kind of expect him to be able to put a few moves on a rookie, even one as defensively focused as Delly. Ain't no thing.

Reply #451661 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I think Delly come really build a nice career in the league as a 3 & D guy who does the little things to make others better without being a star.

Really excited by his progress this year and hope it continues and he can get a nice deal for the next couple of seasons.

On the Aussie thing i hope that Baynes can get some more burn at times he has looked like a beast when given a chance so maybe a new home next season will give him the chance to shine!

Reply #451662 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

With Splitter out for the next 3-5 weeks, one would think that Baynes will get his chance over the coming month!

Reply #451663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

GWB, Bogut's not going to average 20 PPG with Curry, Lee and Thompson there. Like Iguodala, that's just not his regular role and I doubt he or his coach would be fussed at all about what he's producing. Not to mention his health is good and they are on a big winning streak since Iguodala returned.

Never underestimate what those defensive guys (Bogut and Iguodala) bring to the table. Bowen, Battier are other examples. In the NBL, note the decline of NZ with the retirement of Boucher.

Reply #451667 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Isaac, they will actually need his post play in the playoffs to suit the game style.

His decision making is second to none for a Centre, so I don't think Golden State will miss a beat really.

Reply #451674 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Delly definitely has a place in the NBA.. but I think he needs to improve his handles to warrant being a primary ball handler at that level.

Reply #451707 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"In the NBL, note the decline of NZ with the retirement of Boucher."

Not to mention how dominant Jackson was defensively and how much NZ were able to control tempo with him on the floor.

Reply #451712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754