cheezeburger
Years ago

The Timmy D show

come on.duncan is the mvp, dominate, elite, superstar pf/c in the league.hes taken the spurs this season the the gf and now very soon to the championship.
bar manu its duncans team.his numbers today 26 19 were massive.

Topic #3349 | Report this topic

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Yep, massive numbers. Here's another: 7. That's the number of foul shots he missed (out of 11). Make just one of those misses and the Spurs win in regulation.

Here's what else he contributed when the game got interesting, according to the Sports Illustrated website:

- pouring in an awesome 3 of those 26 points in the last eight minutes of regulation
- missing easy tip-in at the end of regulation to win the game
- missing six of seven foul shots in the 4th quarter
- going 0 for 2 from the field and contributing exactly 0 points in OT
- making a crappy turnover with approx 1 minute to go in OT

So, yeah, massive numbers - but he stunk it up when the game was on the line.

Reply #38627 | Report this post

Puh-lease Satish! They would not be where they are today with Tim Duncan! You seem to be forgetting his excellent defense on the guards when Wallace was setting picks for them. It's not all about the stats

Reply #38632 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

I'm not sure Duncan was out there to be a role player in the last quarter and OT. He just had to put the ball in the basket on the odd occasion in only the biggest game of the season, and he couldn't do it.

He's a great player but I'd want Horry shooting a 3 for my life rather than Duncan shooting a foul shot.

Reply #38638 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

your lost satish.i surpose you think shaq is a hack player too, because he cant shoot foul shots.your bball knowledge lacks satish.

Reply #38749 | Report this post

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Duncan's a great player. Shaq's a great player. No question about either of them.

I just think it's interesting that in a Game Five of an NBA Finals tied 2-2 (ie an absolutely massive game), the Spurs' primary offensive weapon was very ordinary when the game was there to be won, and not just from the stripe.

Why is that? Aren't the truly great players supposed to take over games in crunch time?

Reply #38757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I totally agree with Satish, if any1 saw the game Duncan choked massively. He has to be thankful that big shot bob bailed him out. Duncan is a very very good player, he did put up good numbers granted, but there is more to basketball than good numbers. He did play good defence but i thought the Wallaces have done pretty well on the Big Fundamental. He is not in Shaq's league either, shaq is the most dominant player in the league....if only he could shoot free throws he'd be unstoppable.

If Detroit win Billups for MVP, if Spurs win, they will most probably give it to Duncan because he is the most noted player and Ginobili (the other candidate) had a couple of shockers in Detroit thus ruling him out.

I would like to see Duncan not get the MVP unless he comes up huge in the next game. Billups has been the most outstanding player and if Detroit take it to 7, and Billups plays well and they stil lose, he could still win the MVP. Although im not sure if a player from the losing team should get MVP.

If Duncan is as great as every1 says he is, he would have come through big time last game. The fact was that he did not. However, if he pulls out a big performance in game 6 and/or 7, he may be worthy of the "great player" tag.

Reply #38775 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

shaq didnt take over in miamis crunch finals campian.so u saying satish, shaq isnt a truly great player???????

Reply #38879 | Report this post

hazzster  
Years ago

He was injured cheezeburger u idiot! If a player with an injury can take over when it counts, he shouldn't be in a league of his own from todays players. He should be up there with Bird, Jordan and Chamberlin.

Reply #38880 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anyone that says Duncan isn't the best player in the L has rocks in their head. It's like saying Atlanta are good. It's just not true.

Duncan - 8 yrs in the league, 8 All NBA 1st teams, 2 championships, 3MVP's (i think).

The guy is obviously injured and still putting up big numbers. Did anyone see how he tore apart New Jersey in '03? Almost had a quadruple double in Game 6.

How can anyone say he doesn't step up in big games?

Reply #38890 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

Check the game 6 tape boys. Pistons went at duncan every time they could, why?? He can't play D. He had threes shot on him, got dunked on (several times) and skooled by every piston. Once again he failed in crunch time.
Yes, he can score but not when it counts and if you look at the boards he gets its mostly due to him being 6'11 and 2 ft from the hoop not because he pulls down moster boards like B.Wallace!!

Reply #38892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754